We are looking for passionate Software Engineers to join our Front End Development Team in the challenge of maintaining and improving our current and future products. Softheon’s products are the heart of our Software-as-a-Service business and are what feed the entire scope of our software solutions. As a Software Engineer, you will work with our back-end applications which serve to allow millions of people to enroll in and obtain healthcare.
Success as a Software Engineer at Softheon requires imaginative, creative and analytical thinking, with a strong motivation for finding solutions to complex or abstract problems. The ideal Software Engineer will possess an analytical approach to inquiry and investigation, leveraging strengths in both introspection and imagination.
The focus of this specialized, technically oriented position is to thoughtfully determine solutions to complex, often abstract, problems. A serious, analytic, scientific approach to inquiry and investigation is critical, requiring both introspection and imagination. Because critical thinking is the foundation of this job, it is designed to provide opportunity to develop ideas and test problem solving approaches free from unnecessary time constraints and pressure from others. The job requires introspection and management provides a supportive environment that minimizes the need to respond to immediate, daily concerns.
This role is 100% remote.
- Maintain current product applications including debugging, troubleshooting, and enhancements
- Develop efficient, scalable, and reusable business-level middleware
- Oversee the entire software lifecycle of the product including testing, documentation, and deployment
- Cooperate and communicate with a team of technical and non-technical members
- Persistence, determination, patience and a systematic approach to developing resourceful solutions are necessary qualities for successful job performance
- Work is hands on, requiring a self-directed approach to continual learning and quality of effort
- This is a valued expert position, recognized by management because of the knowledge and expertise required to find ingenious, resourceful solutions to complex problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or STEM related field.
- 2 years of Angular experience required.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design
- Hands-on object-oriented language development using C#, Java and/or .NET Framework/.NET Core
- Experience with version control solutions such as Git
- Understanding of testing methodologies
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Ability to work effectively in an agile environment
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Strong knowledge of UML
- Experience with RESTful APIs a plus
- Experience with API documentation frameworks such as Swagger a plus
- Experience with OAuth 2.0 a plus
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes a plus
When you join Softheon, you will:
- Have an opportunity to add value to a diverse team of innovative professionals
- Rise to new challenges everyday
- Receive competitive salary and career growth opportunities
Softheon is an equal opportunities employer. We strongly believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We make recruitment hiring decisions based on each candidate’s experience and skills. We value your passion to make healthcare affordable, accessible, and plentiful.
At Softheon we strive to create simple solutions to complex problems. Our innovative and easy-to-use products have revolutionized the way everyday people control their healthcare needs. Empowering the nation’s first state health benefit exchange since 2008, Softheon’s vision and strategic direction has designed five platforms to help our partners quickly adapt to industry standards, manage client data, and grow their membership, while never compromising the exceptional care they provide. In this highly dynamic industry, Softheon has maintained its position as a premier Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, utilized by 37% of healthcare payers and having been responsible for 12% of ACA enrollments processed. Our platform has been ranked #1 in addressing the industry’s ever-changing regulatory demands and recognized by Gartner, IDC, AHIP, ACAP, and HCEG.
To find out more about Softheon please visit www.softheon.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Softheon does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Softheon employees or any other company location. Softheon is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.