What if everyone got on the same page? This is something we ask ourselves everyday at Bananatag.
We believe great communication is at the heart of every business and we’re here to help companies make meaningful internal communication easy. Because when employees are informed and engaged, they’re happier and they do better work.
Who we are
Bananatag is an employee communication platform that allows users to save time by managing their email, Slack and MS Teams messages from a single tool. Our industry-leading email designer helps teams to collaborate in real-time on branded, engaging content, then explore analytics to understand the impact their messages are having.
Check out some of Bananatag’s blogs to learn more:
Check out our Engineering blog page here for a peek at what they’re up to. You can also check out how we kicked off our WFH switch in March.
Are you our next Senior Full Stack Software Developer? We’re looking for someone to have roughly 5+ years of web development experience to join our amazing Product team to help us develop our industry-leading content designer and make meaningful internal communication easy for our customers. This is a unique opportunity to join a really sweet tech company, you can scope us out on Instagram, Glassdoor, and Indeed. We aren’t perfect, but we’re proud of who we are!
In this role, you’ll contribute to our industry-leading content designer that enables teams to customize their communications to align with their brand, and collaborate in real-time. In addition to programming, you’ll provide mentorship and insights as well as facilitate communication across teams. You’ll offer clarity, helping the team to see the bigger picture while staying focused on goals, and empowering team members while keeping each other accountable.
Bananatag has a positive, diverse, and evolving culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, impactful. If this sounds like a good fit for you, skim the rest and apply now.
What you’ll be up to:
- Project planning and collaborating across teams to evaluate feature feasibility and project timelines by identifying priorities, rabbit holes, and unclear interdependencies
- Understanding and translating business objectives into technical requirements while considering overall strategies
- Providing clarity by helping team members to see the overall strategy and current state, and steering projects to completion in terms of quality, performance, reliability, and security
- Designing systems architecture, including infrastructure that enables continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Writing clean, well organized code while considering reusability, performance, quality, and security
- Offering mentorship by asking clarifying questions and giving constructive feedback through pull requests and team discussions while taking feedback gracefully
- Investigating and bringing opportunities across teams by identifying root causes, considering tradeoffs, and making logical recommendations
- Advocating and participating in writing abundant tests to bring code coverage to an acceptable standard
- Actively learning and seeking out ways to continuously improve
What you’ll come with:
- Proficient in the Node environment and NPM
- Experience with SQL and noSQL database design
- Experience with AWS (ex. RDS, ECS, Lambda, and Dynamo) and cloud native application development (ex. Node.js microservices with Fargate and CI/CD)
- Proven understanding of infrastructure as code to build processes and tools for infrastructure provisioning using Terraform
Nice to Have:
- Experience with building content creation tools and has an eye for UI/UX
- Competitive salaries with regular compensation reviews
- Comprehensive extended benefits package (health, dental, and vision) from day one
- A progressive ‘Employee Assistance Program’ through Babylon (owned by Telus) Telemedical access to doctors, therapists, and dietitians
- Group Registered Savings Plan program (RRSP)
- 4 weeks of vacation for everyone
- We are a ‘remote first’ workplace now, but have nice offices in Kelowna & Vancouver if that’s your thing, or even something in between, but require you to be eligible to work in Canada
- We invest in professional development for you lifelong learners.
- Authority, accountability, and autonomy to succeed at your own pace. A team that embraces knowledge sharing and wearing different hats. There are no lordships and fiefdoms here
- We’re serious about diversity, inclusion and representation. We’ve created a task force to make sure that we’re not just talking the talk, but also walking the walk. Our stance is below
- We surprise and delight our employees from time-to-time, you’ll just have to trust us. 😉
Our belief on Diversity and Inclusion: Diversity is Appealing
Did you know there are over 1000 different kinds of bananas out there? Each one brings something unique to the table, just like our people. We love that we’re all different; however, we have to admit that not all have been treated equally in the past. Bananatag promises that however you identify you will always have equal access and opportunity to succeed.
Our belief on Equity: Pay Parity
We believe in gender pay parity. We’ve taken a public pledge and worked to eradicate gender pay gaps (and gaps in other areas of diversity). We’re committed to bi-annual reviews and making corrections if we fall off track. Our aim is always a $1 to $1 ratio among all Bananas.
We’re certain that at Bananatag you’ll be able to have impact and create an inspiring career.