Monterey Technologies provides industry leading Human Factors Engineering and Human-Systems Integration services. We have a strong foundation in human factors research, testing and evaluation methodologies, with extensive experience in research and usability test design, data analysis and interpretation. We are committed to innovation based on science and user-centered design, and we provide a wide variety of HFE/HSI services, and innovative design thinking with the rigor of human-factors and software engineering to deliver novel solutions to challenging problems.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Architect to make intuitive high level decisions for software development. This role will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team. This Software Architect will have a strong technical background and excellent development skill to design and develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions.
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Plan software design and development work with:
- Thin-client UI
- REST/SOAP web services
- SQL database
- Ability to obtain and maintain US DoD Security Clearance
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- Masters degree is a plus
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in Software Engineering environment
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in a Software Leadership role is plus
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- Flexible Work environment as we are mostly remote company
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Competitive salary commensurate with education, background, and experience
- Health, Vision, Dental, Short- and Long-Term insurance benefits
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok!
At MTI we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
MTI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law. All selected candidates will be required to submit to a pre-employment background check.