Simple Thread: Front of the Front-End Engineer
Headquarters: Richmond, VA
The ideal candidate would have several years of experience working on production web applications. They would have a strong desire to straddle our design and engineering teams, providing the glue needed to build beautiful and useful web applications. They would also be eager to learn, grow, and foster healthy working relationships.
If you have experience building production web applications and are as passionate about helping customers as you are about working with new technologies, then we want to talk!
Skills & Requirements
Do you love to work directly with customers to solve business problems?
Extensive production knowledge of HTML/CSS
You’ll be mostly building web applications, so you’ll need to be familiar with your tools, and have used your tools on a number of production web applications.
Experience with Design, UI and, prototyping tools
Comfortable using tools like Sketch, Adobe Suite, inVision, Zeplin, or Figma.
- Being within easy driving distance of Richmond or Charlottesville is a huge plus!
- Bonus for having user experience skills.
- A Great Team – Our team of engineers and designers is the best part of working here. We only hire people who are fantastic teammates – competent and smart, sure, but also humble, positive, and generous.
- Great Clients – We work with mostly small and medium clients, for whom our projects make a huge impact. We prioritize clients who are pleasant and good to work with, people who share our values of transparency and empathy.
- Work From Home – We are a distributed company. Everyone works from home, though the leadership team all live in central Virginia.
- Negligible Travel – In general, we don’t travel routinely for projects. If this is a specific concern, we’re happy to discuss.
- Flexible Work Schedule – We require a certain amount of overlap with the rest of the team, but if you have a predictable schedule, we can probably support it, e.g., ending at 3:30 every day or being out every Friday morning.
- Good Work Life Balance (really) – We ask our team to work 40 hours a week*. That’s all: a good, productive 40 hours. And then we try our best to leave you alone off the clock. We do this in part because that’s how we want to live but also because we want our team to be recharged and ready to do their best when working. *If you need to work fewer than 40 hours, that might be possible too; let’s talk.
- Competitive Compensation – We offer highly competitive salary and benefits, including generous time off, 401k, FSA, medical and dental insurance.
Go to posting –> https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/simple-thread-front-of-the-front-end-engineer