Shogun: Director of Quality Assurance
03/02/21 12:07 am Programming 0 Comments
Shogun is on a mission to help brands create the best ecommerce experiences in the world, and in the process, become the world’s best remote company.
We’ve been growing rapidly since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, and after recently closing our Series B funding round, are now in hyper-growth. Our teams are diverse, fully distributed, and with no offices – we are looking for team members who are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the United States or Canada.
What You’ll Do
As Director of Quality Assurance, you will build and lead a team of QA Engineers and be responsible for the QA strategy necessary to ensure the quality practices will be scalable to our technology solutions. You will develop and enforce a standard process for testing all releases that include automation into the software build, test, and release process. The QA Director will set up processes, testing strategies, and automation to improve efficiency of QA process and quality of product. In this role, you will define team strategy and be accountable for the team’s quarterly/annual plans and deliverables.
What You’ll Bring
Need to Have
- 7+ years of quality assurance, automation testing and performing automation testing with a focus on enterprise SaaS
- 5+ years of experience managing/leading quality assurance engineering teams
- Experience building and scaling strategic and cross-functional teams from the ground up
- Hands on experience with e2e automation tools such as Selenium/Cypress, JS tools such as Jest/Mocha/Jasmine, and Ruby tools such as Rspec/Capybara
- Ability to analyze automated test scripts to ensure data integrity
- Front End & Back End Testing Experience
- Strong experience in databases, SQL and data analysis
Nice to Have
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience with eCommerce platforms such as Shopify and BigCommerce
- Working in highly agile, software development process
- Working experience in a fully remote working environment
- Coding proficiency in React and/or Ruby on Rails
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Go to posting –> https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/shogun-director-of-quality-assurance