what. is a consultancy that supports its clients with their web presence, the creation of digital products, and their growth.
In our approach, we are design driven and create an outstanding experience for the users of our applications and sites. Be it a creative website to present a company in a new light or the digitization of a business process with a web app, our focus is on finding the key ingredients needed to create a unique, memorable, and usable experience.
At what. design is not just a function but a fundamental part of who we are as a company. We are proud of the work we do and the impact we have on the businesses we serve.
If you share our passion, then this job offer is for you.
We are looking to strengthen our team with a passionate freelance designer that will enrich our team with their skills and experience. Someone who truly cares about aesthetics and has an excellent eye for details but also understands the need to create intuitive and easy-to-use interfaces that break down complexity.
We are looking for someone who can conceptualize and execute design for complex websites and web applications. By drafting user journeys and flows, creating wireframe-based clickable prototypes, iterating on design proposals, working with our team of other designers and developers, etc., you execute the design process for your projects from A to Z.
On top of that, you bring experience in topics such as branding or motion design to improve what we create.
In your role, you advocate design in- and outside of what.; you share your knowledge to lift our team and the things we create for our clients to new levels. When creating designs, you will work closely with our clients and their users to ensure we do the right thing. User research and feedback sessions are integral to creating designs that work.
There are only a few conditions to apply to this job beyond the skills listed above:
- We like using Figma; you should also.
- We have found that a deep understanding of the possibilities of web technologies helps in creating great designs and working with the team, so it would be great if you have that.
- Excellent spoken and written English is a requirement.
If this sounds interesting and you would like to join our team, please send us a video where you briefly introduce us to 2 to 3 projects you recently worked on and are proud of. Let us know your contributions and why these projects are special to you.
To ensure you have read the job description, start your cover note with “Figma”.
How it is to work with us / your benefits
Having a fun, inspiring, productive, and balanced place of work is essential to us, and we do many things to create an environment where our team can thrive.
- We keep worktime flexible – results is what matters. We have no mandated hours to be present, although most of the team is around between 9 am and 5 pm CET.
- As a freelancer, there is no mandated work time for you. We plan on a weekly base, and you can also let us know your availability. We try to be reliable and create planability and that goes both ways.
- We are a remote-first team with headquarters in Zurich, and our team is distributed everywhere. Our processes are set up to work well in this environment, but we also recognize that it is important to see each other from time to time, so we hold retreats and encourage team members to visit us in Zurich.
- We are an organization centered around learning and improving. Nothing is set in stone. Our flat hierarchy not only allows you to make decisions fast, but it also means you can influence outcomes. By leaving your mark you also have the opportunity to grow, take responsibility, and move up.
- Well-being is at the core of what we do and we want our team to feel good about the work they do and how they do it. Coaching, 1:1s, and reviews are one part of this medal, but we also share experiences, have virtual coffees or Pilates sessions together to connect and relax.
- Being distributed around the globe, our team is not only multicultural but also multidisciplinary, and we want to learn from each other, which we foster through structured sessions and informal exchanges.