Upstart is a leading AI lending marketplace partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. By leveraging Upstart’s AI marketplace, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates across races, ages, and genders, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. More than two-thirds of Upstart loans are approved instantly and are fully automated.
Upstart is a digital-first company, which means that most Upstarters can live and work anywhere in the U.S. We also have offices in San Mateo, California; Columbus, Ohio; and Austin, Texas.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
Upstart is looking for a Senior Product Manager, Pricing to help us achieve our mission of enabling effortless credit based on true risk. In this role, you will work closely with our Pricing engineering teams to design, develop, and improve our core pricing platform and the marketplace that powers all Lending Products at Upstart. You will ship core improvements to our offer generation workflow, with a focus on improving the speed of new product features and maximizing efficient matchmaking in our marketplace between credit applicants and capital suppliers. You will drive the strategic direction and day-to-day execution for engineering and transform our pricing system into a platform that serves multiple internal stakeholders at Upstart.
One of the reasons Upstart has experienced such rapid growth is because of the clear-eyed, analytical approach we take to product enhancements. The right candidate for this role should be highly capable, able to organize both ideas and people, and excel at problem solving of many kinds. You should have a bias toward action and be able to break down complex problems into steps that drive rapid product development. You will bridge the technical and business worlds as you first design services that our customers love and then engage stakeholders to make them a reality. By clearly defining requirements and removing blockers, you will act as a multiplier on the productivity of your team.
Position Location – This role is available across the US
Time Zone Requirements – This team operates in all US time zones
Travel Requirements – This team has regular on-site collaboration sessions. These occur 3-5 days in 2 months at our San Mateo or Columbus office. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Conduct user research, analyze system performance data, and manage a diverse set of stakeholders to build and deliver on a roadmap for our pricing decision system
- Lead migration of our pricing infrastructure into a platform service with clearly defined APIs that can be utilized by multiple different internal customer groups and use cases
- Identify new opportunities to increase the efficiency of the Upstart marketplace, matching borrower demand with capital supply for all Lending Products
- Write detailed requirements; manage agile processes to ensure consistent execution and accurate timelines across engineering teams
- Make smart trade-offs to inform the ongoing product roadmap, prioritizing the features with the highest ROI and experimenting when necessary
- Deliver improved credit performance for our lending partners and investors while advocating for a excellent customer experience
- Demonstrate and encourage best practices in product management by working with other PMs throughout the company
- BA/BS in Economics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-7 years of product management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends; excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Passion and aptitude for credit and financing-related economic concepts.
- Work experience in marketplace technology, pricing systems, and platform teams
- Demonstrated ability to excel in informal or formal product leadership responsibilities.
What you’ll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with Health Savings Account contributions from Upstart
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to $4,500 and immediate vesting and after-tax savings
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous holiday, vacation, sick and safety leave
- Supportive parental, family care, and military leave programs
- Annual wellness, technology & ergonomic reimbursement programs
- Social activities including team events and onsites, all-company updates, employee resource groups (ERGs), and other interest groups such as book clubs, fitness, investing, and volunteering
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks when working in offices
At Upstart, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. The anticipated base salary for this position is expected to be within the below range. Your actual base pay will depend on your geographic location–with our “digital first” philosophy, Upstart uses compensation regions that vary depending on location. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
In addition, Upstart provides employees with target bonuses, equity compensation, and generous benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, and 401k).
United States | Remote – Anticipated Base Salary Range
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please email email@example.com