Hi! We’re The Wanderlust Group an outdoor technology company composed of Dockwa.com
. We build marketplaces that connect adventurers to outdoor destinations, and technology that helps those destinations thrive. We believe that the best way we can make the world better is to get people out in it.
At The Wanderlust Group, you’ll be an integral part of a growing team, able to make an immediate impact and work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people anywhere. We believe that a great culture enables great teams to do incredible things.
Dockwa, our core marina software product, empowers our marina customers to provide the best possible experience to boaters by facilitating the management of the various products and services offered at their multiple locations. Each marina business is unique, with its own set of products and services, but your role will involve identifying common patterns and creating product workflows that streamline their operations.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager, Marina Software who will become an expert in the products and services that our marina customers provide to their boaters and the workflows they use to fulfill those transactions.
As a Senior Product Manager @ TWG you will:
- Define a six-month roadmap that aligns with our go-to-market strategy and helps us to increase the number of customer opportunities we can pursue
- Meet with customers to gain deep insights into their jobs to be done (JTBD) related to the procurement and sales of fuel, parts/hardware, marine supplies, apparel, and other convenience items. This will enable us to enhance the POS experience for boaters
- Dive into our rich dataset of marine industry data to form your opinions on our next best opportunities to expand and drive further adoption
- Research and recommend hardware solutions and software integrations that we can package and integrate with our product to scalably deliver a more seamless experience for customers
- Transfer context on customers problems and jobs to be done to design and engineering as they iterate on solutions
- Communicate and educate product changes to the company at large to ensure smooth and continuous improvement processes
We think the best candidates will:
- Have deep Product experience at a B2B/B2B2C SaaS company (at least 2 years working on the same product with quantifiable success)
- Have hands-on experience with POS systems and integrating peripheral hardware (barcode scanners, receipt printers, cash drawers, etc)
- Have experience delivering software solutions that solve inventory management and procurement problems
- Have experience integrating with other software products via API
- Be experienced enough to avoid building bespoke solutions for each customer
- Be a self-starter getting data to support their claims
- Be a clear/concise communicator (both in writing and conversation)
- Have past experience with marketplace products
- All experience levels entertained, title commensurate with experience
We’re all about adventure here @ The Wanderlust Group, but we also want you to know what to expect on your journey with us, starting with the application phase through the interview process:
- Interview Process Step 1: 30-minute Zoom or Phone / Exploratory call with a member of our Talent Team
- Interview Process Step 2: 30-minute Zoom Meeting / Initial discussion with our VP of Product, Nathan Kollett
- Interview Process Step 3: 30-60min Zoom Meeting(s) / Final Round “Team Loop” where you will have 1:1 discussions with three members of our Product and Engineering Team(s) as well as our CEO, Mike Melillo
The Wanderlust Group is a unique company and culture. A hybrid B2B and B2C business, we connect boaters to marinas. Because we believe in the value of putting screens down and getting outside, we operate on a flexible, results-oriented culture to meet the needs of our customer base. We also care a lot about the marinas we serve. They are often small businesses playing an important role in the local economy around them. That dedication carries through our work. Finally, because we are wanderers at heart, we are a remote-first company. This, and all positions, can be based anywhere in the United States.