Pitch’s global launch this past October was the culmination of a three-year mission to make intuitive, slick presentation tools available to anybody with an internet connection and a bit of RAM. 2021 will mark the year we expand on this mission by bringing the Pitch user experience to mobile. Our small team of engineers and designers has already been crafting the Pitch mobile apps for the past year and are at the cusp of the first release. This imminent launch, however, is only the beginning. To ensure we continue to efficiently build, vet, and ship features which delight our mobile users for years to come, our mobile team is in need of some expertise and skills only a Senior Product Manager could bring. Keep reading to find out what those are.
What you’ll get to do..
- Manage the implementation of our product vision on all mobile platforms (iOS, iPad OS, Android, etc.) across cross-functional teams.
- Ensure we ship with regular cadence and stay ahead of competition, while delivering a delightful and most importantly useful product
- Own relationships and communication with mobile platform providers to keep Pitch top of mind, actively promoted, and regularly featured.
- Collaborate on the vision and implementation of Pitch’s mobile development, launch, and growth strategy with the leadership team
- Facilitate the definition of specific requirements for each feature to ensure best-in-class user experience and efficient technical implementation on each platform.
- Create and manage communication plans to keep every stakeholder and the broader team up to date on mobile initiatives .
- Evaluate feedback from various groups (users, fellow team members, etc.) to ensure that we’re building the right features and prioritizing appropriately into our backlog.
- Drive new user growth and current account expansion through mobile platforms .
Your day-to-day tasks will include..
- Owning our mobile product roadmap: be on top of all ongoing projects and determine whether we build too much, too little, meet or miss deadlines. Raising awareness if deadlines are at risk or missed (and why) and their related impacts, and identifying solutions to move forward.
- Together with the Design and Engineering Lead, translate the team’s product roadmap and the technical vision of the company into an ambitious plan of small and simple steps of incremental user value
- Managing releases (Beta/TestFlight & Public Releases) and coordinate with marketing, customer support and other stakeholders
- Helping prepare groundwork for upcoming projects to ensure that bottlenecks are avoided and work is delivered effectively, both internally and with external partners
- Creating a framework for communication with our users and customers to gather their feedback and requests specific to our mobile applications
- Reviewing weekly projects reports and providing feedback for every project team
- Creating and managing regular interactions with platform providers
- Ensure that the team gets involved in learnings from user research and apply them to the solutions for the team area
You’ll be great this job, if you have..
- A track record in building great mobile products.
- A clear understanding of how AppStores operate.
- Strong technical understanding of mobile apps and their development.
- An accurate sense for great software and best-in-class product design.
- A unique ability to communicate ambitious goals effectively while keeping everyone happy and motivated.
- A healthy obsession with managing tickets, bugs, customer feedback and complex software projects.
- Skilled at working with cross functional teams in a matrix organization under on a tight timeline.
- Proven leadership and hiring skills.
We value diversity of perspective and seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from all different backgrounds. Come one, come all!