Senior Product Manager – Machine Learning
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Join Our Team…
GoDaddy is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our machine learning team. Our broader data capabilities team is highly distributed and dedicated to building state-of-the-art machine learning and experimentation technology to improve and transform GoDaddy products and experiences. We are a dynamic and growing company that loves what we do and are looking for passionate people to share our vision! GoDaddy product teams lead with hypothesis testing to make data-driven decisions, combining data and cutting-edge software systems, to help other GoDaddy teams provide the best experience for our customers!
You’ll work remotely and have the option to work from one of our primary US-based offices (Kirkland, WA; Cambridge, MA; San Francisco, CA; or Santa Clara, CA).
What you’ll get to do…
You will partner with business stakeholders across the company to identify high-value opportunities to solve through the use of machine learning. You will then collaborate closely with data experts, machine learning engineers, experiment engineers, and software engineers to:
- Define the model to go after (build a robust problem statement, measurable goal to achieve, determine the prediction needed, identify the right sources of data, etc.)
- Define how to evaluate the model (design a measurable experiment with a well-crafted hypothesis, define go/no-go metrics, etc.)
- Define how model predictions will be accessed and used (through API or batch process, latency requirements, mapping of model predictions to any business rules, etc.)
- Advocate and push successful models into active use and measure the customer impact of your work.
Additionally, you will help craft and optimize the machine learning platform by identifying opportunities to make the platform a more scalable and production ready service, and to make the platform more open and easier to contribute to by other teams across the organization with a focus on enabling self-service features.
Your experience should include…
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Experience defining strategy and managing a prioritized roadmap for technical platforms.
- Experience designing, running, and analyzing statistical hypothesis tests.
- Experience with writing clear and concise product requirements from unpolished partner asks; building and prioritizing backlogs.
- Experience leading a high-functioning, collaborative team of engineers and data scientists.
- Experience partnering with stakeholders, engineering leaders and evangelizing internal platforms.
- Experience in, or strong interest in applied machine learning.
- Experience in software engineering practices (Agile software development, Continuous Value Delivery, CI/CD, Service Oriented Architecture, cloud computing, and API design.)
- Experience tracking, understanding, and acting upon changes in industry trends.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A knack for simplicity.
You might also have…
- Hands-on experience or working knowledge of data and models.
- Experience writing SQL and HiveQL.
- Experience working effectively with others entirely over video conferencing.
The following characteristics define a candidate that will succeed in the culture and in this position:
- Self-Starter: A self-motivated individual who can take limited direction and produce tangible results. A resourceful individual who pro-actively thinks outside of the box.
- Technology Forward: Has an interest in technology, ability to understand technical concepts that solve customer problems.
- Curiosity: Has a naturally curious mind, loves to explore and nurture intellect; observes and identifies patterns in data that can identify actionable insights.
- Problem Solver: Continually resolve issues through active problem solving and striving to answer questions before they are asked.
- Organizational Skills: The ability to bring disparate stakeholders together to resolve issues, drive consensus and prioritize workload.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills; an active listener and concise presenter.
- Judgment: Makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on the appropriate balance of data and instinct. Knows how to ask the right questions (at the right time) necessary to uncover key information that can unlock relevant actions.
- Team Oriented: Thrives in collaborative team environment.
We’ve got your back…
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.