At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors. Our community includes over 1.4M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
The product team is looking for a driven, innovative, and experienced Product Management leader. This is an exciting opportunity to make a big difference. Scribd is different from other subscription companies both because of the breadth and depth of our content library as well as the extent of our organic global user base.
We have a unique opportunity to help our subscribers find and enjoy a wide variety of media through the use of both proven and cutting edge technology, bringing high-quality content at a fair price to readers around the world.
The Senior Content Product Manager will have an opportunity to make a foundational impact on the product experience by shaping the various ways that our content is discovered and consumed.
Our goal is to connect users to the most compelling content from our vast and growing library. (We have over 100 million user-generated documents alone!) To do this at scale and for an international user base is a big challenge.
- Define the success metrics by partnering with other cross-functional leadersPrioritize opportunities where data can be leveraged to drive business outcomes
- Collaborate with engineering, applied research, data science and product to strategize, execute and assess impact
- Inspire and influence the team by describing and then reinforcing the product strategy and goals, then developing a consolidated product roadmap for Content data-related areas
- Communicate progress and strategic evolution through regular presentations to senior executives and partners
- Facilitate understanding of our vast and growing content library of documents, books, audiobooks, magazines, slides, sheet music and podcasts.
- Inspire and influence the broader team by highlighting contributions to growth and consumption goals
- Understand the desired user experiences and create strategies for how data will bring those experiences to life
- Identify and prioritize data requirements – deciding how and what data is required and making tradeoffs to achieve short and long term business impact
- Be a partner and thought-leader for managing our current and future content corpus
- Help shape the experience of cross-content discovery
- Use data to develop priorities and assess results while also demonstrating a deep understanding of customer needs and wants
- Connect users to the most compelling content from our vast and growing library. (We have over 100 million user-generated documents alone!)
- 4+ years of product management or system development experience
- Demonstrated communication and collaboration with diverse stakeholders, including engineers, data scientists, product managers and executives.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex, technical subjects to stakeholders of varying levels of technical expertise
- A person who is naturally a self-starter, can drive an initiative through execution and enjoys working across multiple teams
- Experience developing roadmaps and long-term data-driven strategies for improving customer experience and internal workflows
- Strategic platform and system thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
Bonus Points For:
- Knowledge of machine learning and model deployment in a production environment
- Experience with big data, ETL, streaming and at-rest data technologies, such as Apache Kafka, Cassandra, Spark, MongoDB and Elastic Search
- Experience managing human labeling operations
Benefits, Perks and Wellbeing at Scribd
• Health & Welfare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents
• Leaves: Paid parental leave, 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans, and milestone Sabbaticals
• 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
• Stock Options – every employee is an owner in Scribd!
• Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
• Referral bonuses
• Tuition reimbursement
• Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programs
• Learning & Development and Coaching programs
• Monthly Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
• Concern mental health digital platform
• Work-life balance flexibility
• Company events + Scribdchats
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.