Senior Product Manager, Campaigns
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER, CAMPAIGNS
About Wikipedia product
Wikipedia is looking for an experienced and collaborative Senior Product Manager to drive improvements to Wikipedia that enable our communities to achieve our Vision: a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge.
Product Managers at Wikipedia work with engineers, designers, researchers and communities of users to build features, products and services used by hundreds of millions of people around the world. This is an opportunity to have a high level of positive impact, worldwide.
About the role
For this role, you will join a new Campaigns product team, which will build and improve features to support “edit-athons”, which introduce new contributors to Wikipedia and other Wikimedia sites, and “content drives”, which encourage the addition of new articles, pictures and data on a specific theme. The team will work with volunteer organizers from around the world to build tools that support their events, bringing new people into the Wikimedia community and contributing to the growth of free knowledge.
You are responsible for:
- Leading the prioritization and development of features to support volunteer movement organizers
- Collaborating with Wikimedia volunteers to build solutions that support their work
- Working with a highly talented team of engineers, designers, researchers, community specialists and data analysts to define, design, and build features that delight
- Using organizational strategy, the needs of users, resourcing and data in order to prioritize new features and product enhancements
- Setting and measuring success metrics
- Being a positive force for change!
Skills and Experience:
- Product management experience on a consumer-facing web property
- Experience working with large groups of active collaborators: community building, activism, product evangelism, or in open-source movements
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Respect for multiple cultures and customs, and a curiosity about the world
- Strong commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Experience editing Wikipedia
- Experience developing organizing software in another community organizing environment, i.e. activist networks or political campaigns
- Proficiency in more than one language
The Wikimedia Foundation is…
…the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 839-6885.
U.S. Benefits & Perks*
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off – vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 22 paid holidays – including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments – long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Paid travel to Wikimedia Foundation events all around the world!
- Equipment including a laptop, monitor, plus a one-time stipend to cover any additional needs to make sure you have the best work experience
- Great colleagues – diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
*Please note that for remote roles located outside of the U.S., we defer to our PEO to ensure alignment with local labor laws.
Wikimedia Medium Term Plan
Our Commitment to Equity
This is Wikimedia Foundation
Our Tech Stack