Liquibase is the leader in Database DevOps. Downloaded more than 100 million times, our software enables DevOps teams around the globe to accelerate the software delivery process by automating database updates, security, and governance. We are a nimble, fast-paced, innovative team with the opportunity to make an outsized impact on the business and the industry.
We are looking for a Product Manager at a Senior or Principal level to enhance our enterprise database change management product. The ideal candidate is a hands-on product manager who has a passion for building amazing products with experience in cloud applications. They are excited to work alongside developers to build, improve, and deliver significant product enhancements that solve challenging problems in the database DevOps & CI/CD space. They have a strong presence in customer meetings and other feedback forums to fully understand customer pain points and how these can be solved in the future. They make sound decisions for the product, building trust, and driving clarity within their team and the community. They have the ability to present to different groups within the company and externally to customers and prospects.
- Product Strategy: Define product strategy for your domain, successfully turning the product vision into reality, working closely with the business and the agile engineering team.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Amplify the voice of the market and customer throughout the company by working cross-functionally on persona development, customer journey mapping and customer outreach, and to deliver high-quality products on time and within budget. Keep stakeholders up to date on product progress and the team connected.
- Customer Focus: Work directly with customers to fully understand their pain points and requirements and use that understanding combined with available customer data, ensuring our product aligns with customer needs and designed with impactful user experiences.
- Market/Competitive Analysis: Working with the GTM team, conduct market/competitive analysis – conduct in-depth market research and competitive analysis to identify trends, customer needs, and emerging technologies.
- Roadmap Management: Define and manage the product roadmap, prioritizing features and enhancements – based on customer input, market trend and dynamics, and business goals – that increase the value of our products and improve product-market fit. Where relevant, conduct user research, rapid prototyping, product experimentation and A/B (alpha/beta) testing to surface data-driven insights.
- Data Driven: Utilize telemetry and product analytics to make informed decisions and measure product KPIs.
- Product Lifecycle Ownership: As a “no ego” team member and leader, manage end-to-end product lifecycle of your product area, from ideation to launch, and continue to enhance and optimize the product post-launch.
- Ability to work in Austin or remotely in the United States
- A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field; OR relevant experience – aptitude and experience trump.
- 6+ years of product management experience
- Experience in defining product strategy and then delivering major component(s) of a SaaS product, where you were accountable for the business and user outcomes
- Experience in SaaS or Cloud Native product management or domain expertise in Automation, CI/CD, and DevOps
- Experience working in an agile environment and participating in development of epics and stories, and working with engineering to deliver the best user experience and product
- Incredible talent for cross-functional collaboration, particularly with the marketing, sales, engineering, and customer success teams
- A habit of being customer-centric and comfortable meeting with customers throughout the product process; metrics-driven; and making data-driven decisions through market research, user interviews, competitive analysis, and experimentation
- Can easily transition from high-level strategy to the finest details, and balance business needs with customer needs to ship quality products that users love
- Commit to be available starting at 8:30 AM CST to collaborate with our engineering team in Eastern Europe
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor’s Degree AND 10+ years experience in product/service/project/program management or software development OR equivalent experience
- Product experience in data engineering / data science
- AWS application development experience; experience with structured, unstructured, and object data technologies; Build/Release management experience
- DevOps engineering experience in major cloud providers
- Experience with product metrics and analytics tool (such as Heap, Pendo, Amplitude, Mixpanel, etc.)
Perks of life at Liquibase:
- Remote First culture, potential for company-wide in-person gatherings
- Home office allowance for remote workers
- Meaningful equity (US only)
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits – country dependent
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- 401K matching (US only)
- No punks, no jerks culture
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company
We take pride in:
- A transparent and collaborative team environment. We value multiple perspectives and fresh thinking.
- Our entrepreneurial culture. We provide every employee the opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
- Providing the opportunity to work with new technologies and learn from experienced professionals.
- How organizations, large and small, use DevOps to drive developer agility and accelerate software delivery.
Company Overview – We are Liquibase
A career at Liquibase means joining a quickly growing company on the front lines of the DevOps space. Our vision is to be the easiest, safest, and most powerful community-led database change management solution. As companies of all sizes continue to adopt an agile methodology and DevOps practices, there is a growing realization that the database needs to be considered as part of this innovation process.
At Liquibase, we foster a culture rooted in the open-source values of freedom, choice, transparency, and meritocracy. These are not just fashion labels here, but sincere convictions, and you’ll see that reflected in the way we operate daily. We’re caffeinated, collaborative & confident experts, eager to solve the most challenging database CI/CD problems for our customers.
Want to help the software world move faster? You’ve found the right place.
Eligible candidates may be subject to criminal history and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws