Founding Senior Mac Engineer
Avy is a well-funded stealth-stage startup that is revolutionizing how people work with each other and their computers. Our vision is to create a future where humans and computers work together side-by-side in seamless collaboration. We believe in the power of teamwork, trust, and the potential for humans and computers to enhance each other’s capabilities. With this vision in mind, we are building innovative software solutions that empower individuals and teams to achieve their best work.
What You Will Do
As a founding Senior Mac Engineer at Avy, you will play a pivotal role in bringing our product vision to life and have exceptional prospects for growth in a fast-paced environment. You will have the chance to build high-quality software that bridges the gap between humans and computers. Your work will involve:
- A combination of low-level OS-integration, creative UI design, and overall application polish.
- Collaborating with your talented teammates, as we believe it is essential to leverage each other’s strengths to create remarkable products.
- Developing code in a manner that balances both speed and quality, so the team can meet its goal to ship quickly while maintaining a focus on long-term sustainability.
- Helping shape our engineering culture and processes including rigorous testing, code reviews, and continuous integration processes.
Skills You Will Need
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as a high-performing software engineer.
- Strong expertise in Apple ecosystem development, including iOS and macOS, Swift and Objective-C, SwiftUI, AppKit, and UIKit.
- Curiosity about machine learning and AI, with some experience building products in these areas.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to balance speed and maintainability in code development.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary complemented by meaningful equity incentives.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401K with company match, HSA, health, vision, dental, disability, and life insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Developer-worthy equipment and tools are provided to ensure you have all you need to excel.
- Nearly endless opportunities for growth and advancement as the company succeeds and meets its objectives.
- Avy follows a “pragmatic hybrid” work approach, combining the benefits of remote work with the undeniable value of occasionally scheduled in-person collaboration. While you can be based anywhere in the USA, there will be occasional travel to our offices in Utah and future locations, such as New York City.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion, creating a welcoming environment for all.
- Avy only accepts candidates who reside and are authorized to work in the U.S.
Join us at Avy and be part of a team founded by industry experts with a track record of success at companies like Apple, Microsoft, Bose, Amazon, and high-growth startups. Together, let’s build a future where humans and computers work together in harmony.
Apply now with your resume and a cover letter that showcases your passion and fit for this role.