(Senior) Linux Administrator
This job application remains open even when we don’t have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening
MR. X is composed of a unique and gifted team of artists, filmmakers and programmers devoted to the art, craft and technology of visual storytelling. Our talented staff, committed to quality above all else, has achieved some of the most original and photo-realistic visual effects and animation seen on film to date. If you have the imagination, talent and drive, then MR. X is looking for you.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Global Head of Technology, the Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting, developing, maintaining, and operating top of the line, high-end infrastructure containing hundreds of servers, PB of high-performance enterprise networking and storage, with a heavy emphasis on Linux administration.
We are looking for someone with a SRE/DevOps mindset, multitasker, out of the box thinker, to add to our team of dynamic systems administrators. If you like a challenge and want to learn and experience hands on work on many technologies, this is the place.
- Responsible for the health and operations of local network, storage and systemd based linux systems.
- Administer and manage high-performance enterprise networking, storage platforms, and systems
- Administrate Linux servers and workstations, assist with the same for MacOS and Windows.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Coordinate and effectively communicate with multiple global technology support teams
- Proactively use monitoring tools to forecast current and future technology requirements
- Identify and remediate bottlenecks [network/storage/etc.], enterprise-wide
- Ensure the timely and successful completion of all data backups
- Manage the data center power and cooling systems
- Communicate with operations staff surrounding technology issues
- Proven experience supporting a hybrid desktop and server environments.
- Years of Linux/UNIX administration experience in a corporate, production or research environment.
- Familiarity of VFX/media production environments would be a plus.
- Working understanding of Active Directory, Microsoft solutions and methods.
- Experience with puppet, PXE, 802.1x, docker, DNS, kurbanaties, vSphere
- Knowledge of switching networks & associated protocols
- Understanding of NAS,FC,DAS,SAN and emerging storage technologies.
- Knowledge of scripting languages, such as Python, Bash and PowerShell.
- Ability to operate within and foster a team environment.
- Decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communication, ability to explain complex systems in simple terms.
- Working with other departments to understand needs.
- Work within tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills
- Time management, availability to do after hours and weekend work when necessary.
Please note: Remote work is an option for this position. However, the idea candidate will need to be on site when required.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.