engaging online video courses for students, teachers and schools across the globe. Our products are used by tens of thousands of students,
teachers and administrators every day and we’re growing rapidly. This is an incredible opportunity to get involved in the growth phase as we expand internationally, be part of a world-class team and work on a
product that makes a genuine impact.
We’re looking for a Front-end Developer that wants to take on the challenges of a large product and have an active role in an expanding team. Our head office in Sydney Australia but we’re happy to consider people from any location.
We’ll provide you with any equipment that will make you more productive, comfortable or just happier in your job. (Things like
laptops, displays and ‘my favourite type of chair’ are common requests.)
- Work directly alongside product managers and design teams to ensure the delivery of top-level project goals.
- Identify issues with the existing architecture and code and proactively go about fixing them.
- Create a culture of engineering excellence.
- Drive the continued development of an extensible UI component library using ReactJS.
- Use modern tooling to develop a performant, scalable and well tested front end.
- Help us build and scale a service that’s used by hundreds of thousands of high school students.
- Drive innovation by coming up with new and surprising ideas for our products and processes.
- Contribute to company culture 🙂
- Ideally, you’ve shipped world-class web & mobile products before and can point us to them.
- You can show how you broke down complex problems to create simple yet powerful solutions, worked with others to bring your vision to life and generally got things done, regardless of the challenges.
- You write neat, concise and consistent code that conforms to modern application design patterns.
- You’ve got strong communication skills.
- You like to ship fast and iterate.
- You’ve built something substantial using a modern front end library or framework, preferably React.
- You’ve got a deep architectural understanding of web applications.
- Great problem-solving skills.
- You show initiative and the ability to work independently or in a team.
- You have a deep understanding of semantic HTML
- You know the ins-and-outs of building an accessible UI
- You’ve worked with GraphQL APIs
Shoot over a
CV, cover letter, GitHub link or whatever you think will help us understand why you’re the perfect fit. We want to hear about the
projects you’ve worked on and which ones you’re most proud of!