We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Java Backend Developer to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career.
The right candidate will bring an interest in applying his or her talents to national and homeland security problems.
The senior developer will use Java, SQL, and Oracle to design, develop, test, and maintain data services (SOAP/REST).
- Write client services utilizing an enterprise search RESTful service.
- Solve highly technical software development issues.
- Troubleshoot validation issues in a distributes environment across networks.
- Recommend unique solutions in a multidisciplinary environment (e.g., utilizing Front-end, back-end or other multi- faceted solutions)
- Act as a liaison with various customers both within and external to the organization to brief, design, and implement various identity management initiatives.
- Provide guidance across domains of systems engineers, network engineers, and information security professionals.
- Having a “security-first” mindset for analyzing designs and implementations to identify security vulnerabilities and flaws.
Skills and Experience:
- BS Degree in a related technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, etc)
- 5+ years of strong Java J2EE/JEE design and software development experience including designing, programming, and documenting large-scale software systems
- Strong expertise with Java, Java Frameworks (Spring, JMS), Object-Oriented Design and development principles and Java Application Servers such as WebLogic or Apache Tomcat; and relational databases such as Oracle or DB2
- Thorough understanding of web services (REST/SOAP with XML or JSON payloads) and their representation in a network trace
- Knowledge of design patterns (GoF, J2EE)
- Understanding of the HTTP and TLS protocols and modern extensions (content security policy, CSRF tokens)
- Experience with querying various databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MariaDB) using a variety of means (command line clients, desktop clients, code ) to analyze data and deduce missing or erroneous information
- Demonstrated expertise in software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, design patterns, continuous integration)
- Service Oriented Architecture design and development experience
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with Enterprise Search Techologes (Solr, Elasticsearch, Lucene, or others)
- First-hand experience working with large project teams or working with the Federal Government
- Prior experience with Caching, Clustering, Distributed Computing
- Data loading experience or exceptional database knowledge
- Experience troubleshooting CRL/OCSP/PIV Validation issues in a distributed environment across networks
- Experience parsing and cryptographically validating documents in various formats
- Experience with X509 binary certificate construction and parsing
- Understanding of application security practices and their implementations in a state-of-the-art environment (e.g.NIST 800-53 security controls)