We are currently looking for a skilled Senior Golang Developer to join our Storefront API Unit onsite in Hamburg or remote within the EU.
As the Storefront API Team, we are responsible for maintaining and developing the Shop facing API for the Scayle Commerce Engine.
To offer high performance & throughput we use AWS OpenSearch and Redis as the underlying databases.
Additionally we also maintain a replication system which synchronizes data from other Scayle Systems into our OpenSearch and Redis Database.
What you will do
- Develop a HTTP API in Go that our Tenants use in their Onine Shops
- Improve scalability and technical performance of our API and its response times
- Work on a high-scalable product in the AWS ecosystem
- Draft architectural decisions together with our Tech Lead and explore new technologies
- Have a direct impact on team processes by regular agile retrospectives
- Exchange your knowledge with other developers and be part of our ABOUT YOU TECH community
Who you are
- You have 3+ years of experience in building complex backend API’s
- You are very proficient in Go development
- You have good knowledge of Elasticsearch and indexing products
- You have experience in working with relational databases (e.g. MySQL) and key-value stores (e.g. Redis)
- You write well-structured, efficient and maintainable code and actively keep the quality of the codebase in check
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and enjoy building scalable distributed systems
- You are used to working in an English speaking & agile environment
Nice to have:
- You have experience in the AWS Ecosystem (Cloud Formation, Terraform, ElastiCache, etc.), Bamboo
- You have experience with gRPC or GraphQL
- You are familiar with centralized logging, monitoring, and alerting solutions
- You understand DevOps, Containerization and Cloud solutions
- Grow together with one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in Europe
- Flexible working times
- 40% discount on our online shop
- Fresh fruits + drinks everywhere
- Language courses (German & English)
- Free sports courses & reduced price for a gym membership
- Subsidized public transportation ticket
- Free choice of hardware and operating system (Mac, Windows, Linux) also for private usage
- State-of-the-art tech stack running on AWS
- Modern office in the city center of Hamburg
- International working environment and English as company language
- Company flats (subject to availability)
- Agile work environment (MOVE) and cross-functional teams
- Free access to Germany’s greatest developer conference code.talks
- German health insurance included
- Help in relocation and VISA process
*Please find free fruits, drinks and coffee in our lovely Hamburg Office / HQ
YOU ARE THE CORE OF ABOUT YOU.
We take responsibility for creating an inclusive and exceptional environment where all genders, nationalities and ethnicities feel welcomed and accepted exactly as they are. We believe that a diverse workforce essentially contributes to the ABOUT YOU culture. In order to maintain talent and diversity, we emphasize the care for physical health, mental health and overall well-being. Our values and work ethics essentially contribute to our brand mission: empower acceptance and shape an inclusive, fair and circular fashion culture.
We are looking forward to receiving your application – preferably via our online application portal! Thus, we can ensure a faster process and for you it is very easy to upload your application documents.