If you’re an experienced game designer with a strong eye for detail and a passion for creating unique unorthodox experiences then FuturLab would love to hear from you!
The Senior Game Designer will have creative ownership and responsibility for all level considerations of the game, working within the already established game design and content pipeline.
They will intimately learn and understand all stages of the level creation process and be confident and effective in providing direction to members of the team across all disciplines, including the external audio department.
Working closely with the Design Director, the Senior Game Designer will ensure that the scope of the levels are kept within the defined boundaries and timelines established by Production.
All Designers working on the game will report to the Senior Game Designer. The Senior Game Designer will assist the Design Director with mentoring and managing the career progression of these Designers.
As a remote-friendly studio, we are pleased to offer remote working wherever possible. This role can be fully remote, based out of our sunny seaside office in Brighton or a mixture of both!
At FuturLab, we believe patience is as good for our games as it is our people. Therefore, we are a no-crunch studio, with a focus on wellbeing. You can read more about life at FuturLab here.
- A passion for playing and creating games.
- Worked on at least one previous title, from conception to being shipped.
- Experience in providing detailed verbal and written feedback for other designer’s work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to effectively liaise with all game development disciplines.
- Deep understanding of game design and mechanics.
- Creating and maintaining documentation relating to the content creation for the game.
- Controlling the scope and ambition of the levels to ensure they best meet the expectations of the players while being on time and on budget.
- Continually assessing the levels at all stages of development and pre-emptively address issues before they become problems or delays for their completion.
- Overseeing, reviewing and providing feedback for work done by the design team.
- Identifying strains, bottlenecks or flaws in the content pipeline and reporting these observations to the Design Director.
- Collaborating closely with the Design Director to ensure that the creative vision for the levels is achieved.
- Providing the authoritative voice in the team for all creative decisions relating to the levels
- Assisting the Design Director with the mentoring and managing of designers on the team.
- Private health insurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Eye tests & standard glasses for display work
- Remote therapy service through Spill
- 21 days annual leave + 9 Bank Holidays
- 2 Duvet days
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Christmas closure
- Bike2work scheme
- Referral bonus
- Enhanced maternity & paternity leave
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced Pension
- Paid training and volunteer days per year to work on your personal development