Skip to content
Senior Engineering Manager
01/09/24 12:30 am
- Leading and managing an engineering team through design, development, testing and delivery of software applications and iteration.
- Responsible for creating culture of high ownership, provide technical leadership and partner closely with other engineering teams and product management
- Working in a fast-paced environment, maintaining a healthy sense of urgency, continually improving engineering processes and architecture in pursuit of our mission.
- Solve complex problems, establish a high engineering-bar and value execution to drive highly impactful outcomes
- Establish a culture of leadership and progress where employee growth and development is top of mind.
- Managing a team of Software Engineers (mostly remote); understanding their strengths, needs, motivations, and shortfalls; developing strategies for best utilizing and mentoring
- Interfacing with a product group in understanding and communicating requirements well to a team of software developers
- Conducting team operational duties: Sprint planning, burndown maintenance, capacity, and velocity tracking
- Interfacing with a QA team, working knowledge of the phases of common QA workflows, what goes into designing and managing a QA process and working knowledge of the various kinds of automated, manual, and semi-automated tests
- 3+ years of leading software teams
- Solid CS fundamentals and hands on coding skills
- Experience with Ruby on Rail
- Experience with observability tools and platforms like DataDog
- Experience with modern web technologies and system design & architecture
- Experience building and shipping cloud native SaaS software systems
- Experience building software with IaC (Infrastructure as Code) frameworks and tool.
- You have courage and the ability to have difficult conversations candidly and empathetically.
- You are able to communicate in English clearly both verbally and in writing.
- You can motivate and inspire.
- Experience with a video PaaS platform such as Twilio, Vidyo, Chime etc…
- Knowledge of webRTC and video networking/quality metrics
- (nice to have) Knowledge of SIP and Telephony systems
- Seeks out collaboration, identifies and solves problems
- Understanding of major project-management methodologies, their comparative strengths and weaknesses
- A “power user” of common administrative tools, and of at least one project-management suite
- A passion for apps, quality design and engineering; a strong understanding of the capabilities and behaviors of common browsers and mobile devices
- Scrum Master certification a plus
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, HSA & FSA plans
- Generous PTO plan, plus 12 paid national holidays
- Fun, collaborative environment where the company is working to define the future of telemedicine
- Excellent opportunity for professional growth
Go to posting –>