(Senior) Director of Client Success
Philanthropists want to improve the world. That’s why GivingData is helping foundations improve the way they work.
With GivingData’s dashboards, workflows, and collaboration tools, foundations can streamline complex processes and transform how they work with their nonprofit partners. The end result is better grants management, healthier relationships, and increased impact.
We are seeking a Senior Director, Client Success who is passionate about delighting clients and who thrives on driving adoption of new technologies that can advance the work of philanthropy. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing startup where you can contribute meaningfully to our company’s continued growth and success.
As Senior Director of Client Success, you’ll help GivingData build a stellar Client Success team as our company continues to grow. You will lead the team, providing the coaching, management, guidance, processes, and skills development to meet our departmental and company objectives for client satisfaction, retention, product adoption, and expansion business. You’ll help promote a company-wide culture of client success by building innovative, product-led approaches that address client pain points and interests.
- Manage the client success team, including client success managers and Help Desk staff.
- Oversee all stages of the client lifecycle — from onboarding and implementation through annual renewal. Standardize interventions, touchpoints, and communication for each point in the client journey; ensure all stakeholders realize maximum value and success using our platform.
- Collaborate with the Business Development team to drive new business growth through advocacy and reference-ability, and spearhead efforts to expand our ARR in accounts by generating opportunities for upsell and cross-sell.
- Define, implement, and maintain processes for the effective operation of the client success department in order to provide exceptional service and communication to our clients.
- Manage services revenue and utilization, working with team members to achieve billable targets and aligning service delivery with broader goals for company growth.
- Act as the voice of the client by identifying and proactively communicating current and future client needs, requests, requirements, and trends.
- Establish a system for tracking metrics and create a company-wide client feedback loop to consistently measure and improve client satisfaction.
- Work collaboratively with the Product Development and Product Management teams to influence continuous product improvement to increase product adoption, and client satisfaction, and retention.
- Participate in, and/or identify, design, and deliver cross-functional projects that support improvements in scaled processes, services, and systems to enable the team to exceed goals and optimize their time with clients.
- As needed, attend meetings with prospective clients to discuss the client success function, implementation, and the onboarding process.
- Lead and facilitate the development and documentation of methods and tools for the GivingData project delivery methodology.
- Oversee Help Desk function, and work with the team to develop a strong support process, meeting needs of internal GivingData teams as well as clients.
- Contribute to the development and successful execution of the company’s annual User Group.
- BA/BS degree in marketing, business administration, or related field
- At least 5+ years of customer success experience, with a strong preference for technology or SaaS company serving a B2B market; knowledge of the philanthropic sector or social impact space
- Strong management experience including demonstrated team building and leadership
- Proven experience building and optimizing customer success strategies
- Strong empathy for clients and a demonstrated commitment to building trusted relationships with clients
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Sense of urgency in solving problems and comfortable with a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A purpose-driven company with a goal to strengthen the work of social impact organizations
- The flexibility and autonomy of a remote work environment, regardless of your time zone
- Competitive compensation with bonus payouts tied to performance
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans and optional Health Savings Account
- 401k Plan with employer match up to 4%
GivingData is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment, where we welcome and support people of varying backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives for the benefit of our company and the philanthropic community we serve. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and seek to hire qualified individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socio-economic status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.