Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC–and every type of organization in between–we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.
Daxko is looking for a Senior Android Engineer passionate about powering health and wellness throughout the world, by building delightful experiences for our global community of over one million athletes. We believe that community is at the heart of a great workout experience, and approach every part of the platform with that in mind.
As a Senior Android Engineer on the team you will use your knowledge of mobile technology to design, develop, and maintain new and existing features. You will participate in technical design discussions and offer insights and solutions that consider the entire platform ecosystem. In addition to daily coding responsibilities, you will collaborate with product managers, architects and other software engineers to build and deliver best-in-class software using agile development process.
The Senior Android Engineer reports to the Manager, Engineering/Development.
This position will work on the SugarWOD product line at Daxko.
In you day-to-day, you will:
- Develop high quality native app code that provide a delightful user experience and meets business expectations
- Develop clean, reusable, well-structured and maintainable code following best practices and industry standards
- Develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools
- Write automated unit, integration and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Support and troubleshoot data and/or system issues as needed
- Actively contribute actionable and valuable feedback in code reviews
- Participate in system architecture and design reviews
- Participate in user story creation in collaboration with the team
- Work with team members to develop prototypes as necessary and validate ideas with a data driven approach
- Be an active participant in all Agile team events
- Five (5+) years of related experience
- Experience using code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Excellent working knowledge of object-oriented programming such as Java and Kotlin
- Working knowledge of Domain-Driven Design, SOLID principle and its application to MVVM, MVP pattern
- Professional software development experience specific to Native Android Development using Java and Kotlin
- Working knowledge of the release process to the Google Play
- Experience in development of complex projects, well versed with design standards & framework
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information to a variety of stakeholders including product owners, UX engineers, QA engineers and other engineers within and without the team
- Drive to constantly learn via blog posts, conferences, books, or any other source of technical learning
Bonus Points for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or other related field
- Seven (7+) years of related experience
- Working knowledge of MVVM architecture
- Extensive knowledge and deep understanding of Android SDK, in areas such as component interaction, threading, memory management
- Proficiency implementing SOLID design principles
- Experience with app provisioning and code signing
- Experience with Internationalization and Localization
- Experience using GitLab for source code control, code review, and CI/CD
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. These perks are only for our full time team members. Some of our favorites include:
🏝 Flexible paid time off
⚕️ Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
💪 Monthly fitness reimbursement
🤑 401(k) matching
🍼 New-Parent Paid Leave
🏖 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
👖 Casual work environments
🏡 Remote work
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.