Rally: Senior Backend Laravel Engineer
Headquarters: Portland, Oregon
Now Hiring: Remote Senior Backend Laravel Engineer
💪 Humble and Ambitious Team
💰 Competitive Salary, Equity, and Perks
🗺 Anywhere in Europe
🎓 Training and Development
💡 5+ Years of Experience
Rally is bringing new freedom to online merchants. Our checkout optimization platform allows merchants to take control of the most important pages of their business. We believe that when merchants control their own checkout, it leads to more freedom, more creativity, and more success.
The team is experienced in the space – our previous product processed over $2b in GMV. We’re looking for true believers to join our small team. We recently closed a round of funding from great investors, and are gearing up to launch in Q2. Join us and make a meaningful impact on the team and product.
This is a full-time, fully remote role. Ideally, you are located in a European timezone, but we are open to other timezones on a case by case basis
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum 5 years of experience in backend systems and API development
- Advanced knowledge of PHP (minimum of 5 years)
- Advanced knowledge of Laravel (minimum of 2 years)
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL or similar relational database systems
- Excellent REST API understanding
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
- Excellent understanding of software design patterns
- Excellent time management skills
- GitHub, Docker, Buildkite, and similar development tools
- Ability to problem-solve, track, and follow up on a variety of complex technical issues with internal and external stakeholders
- Ambition, the ability to think beyond, be highly collaborative, and extremely driven
- AWS Knowledge
- Ecommerce knowledge
- Scrum and agile development
- Experience with high-performance systems
- Deep understanding of database operations
How We Work
No Crazy Hours: We’re all adults and we trust each other to manage our time appropriately. There’s no need to punch a clock or ask for permission to take off early one afternoon to go see the doctor. We look at what you accomplish, not how long you are in front of a computer. We work hard and smart, but we’re in this for the long haul.
Responsible Time Off: We want you to take time off; it makes you happier, healthier, and more productive. In fact, we have an unlimited time-off policy, plus two mandatory weeks for holiday break in December/January. It’s important you take the time you need, whether you’re caring for your health, the health of a family member, or going on vacation. (We look forward to seeing pictures of your trip in #the-pub Slack channel!) Be mindful of Black Friday through Cyber Monday. That’s our merchants’ busiest time of the year, and we need all-hands-on-deck just in case.
Grow and Learn: We aren’t satisfied with what we already know; we want to learn more and we want you to as well. Think conferences (when those are a thing again), online courses and resources, and dedicated time away to learn something new…it’s up to you and your manager. Let us know what you need.
Benefits: Insurance coverage: For our U.S. employees, we offer health, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of your medical and dental premiums and 75% for vision. We also cover a percentage of the premiums for dependents. If our default plan isn’t right for you, there are other options available to fit your needs.
So, are you game? If yes, let’s talk!
Go to posting –> https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/rally-senior-backend-laravel-engineer