Orium is seeking a dynamic Product Manager with digital consultancy experience to join our team. In this role, you’ll lead digital product development for our clients and deliver complex commerce and brand experiences.
Reporting to our VP of Product & Design Services, you’ll work closely with clients and cross-functional delivery teams to steward the product vision, define end-to-end requirements, manage scope, and prioritize delivery activities while driving strong ROI for our clients. In addition, you’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and within-budget project completion. The ideal candidate has a strong background in nuanced Agile project delivery and experience navigating internal and external stakeholders through any challenges that come their way.
The Product Manager, Services role emphasizes exceptional interpersonal skills, adept task planning and management, and a thorough understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle in the context of professional services. You’ll find fulfilment in the role if you:
- Enjoy engaging with customers to understand their needs, gather feedback, and incorporate their input into product development decisions.
- Thrive in fast-paced and often ambiguous environments and enjoy problem-solving – you’re talented at breaking down complex problems into logical and digestible steps.
- Are interested in creating the plan as much as you enjoy executing on it. You’re always looking to provide your stakeholders with tangible results.
- Take pride in creating and maintaining a well-defined and refined backlog. You believe providing high-quality product requirements documentation, reporting, and testing are table stakes.
- Are comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring each project receives the attention it deserves to succeed.
- Are interested in digital commerce technology and are eager to learn about new technologies, best practices, and third-party tools.
- Serve as the primary liaison between customers and the development team, driving the product vision and strategy throughout the software development lifecycle to drive successful user and business outcomes.
- Structure and facilitate workshops, research activities, and planning sessions with client stakeholders and internal delivery teams to define KPIs and success metrics and shape product requirements and features. Conduct project milestone presentations and facilitate sprint reviews at various stages of the delivery cycle.
- Develop and maintain product plans and roadmaps that align with the executive stakeholders’ vision while ensuring that the software development backlog is up-to-date and accurately reflects project requirements.
- Prepare and maintain product requirements documents (PRD) with meticulous attention to detail, ensuring all requirements are understood, documented, and up-to-date.
- Maintain the product backlog and work with Solution Architects to define technical requirements. Accountable for backlog definition and refinement, delivery of product requirements to specifications, client acceptance, defect resolution, and launch readiness.
- Effectively manage trade-offs on complex requirements to ensure successful delivery within the agreed-upon scope, schedule, and budget.
- Share knowledge with Orium leadership on progress and blocks, including highlighting new opportunities for growth within the key accounts and identifying issues and escalating for maximum transparency.
- Willing to travel to meet customers and partners across North America (global travel may be required).
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of agile product management or relevant experience.
- Proven track record of success in leading product development end-to-end in a scrum and Agile environment, demonstrating a solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle from initial scoping through delivery.
- Client-facing experience within a professional services, client service, or agency-type organization is required.
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to motivate and guide cross-functional teams including delivery managers, designers, developers, and customers and effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally.
- A deep understanding of how to drive ROI through business and customer value and can navigate constraints from all angles. Using your consultative skills, you can provide valuable recommendations with the ability to influence stakeholders and advance the product vision and direction.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills. Ability to manage senior-level client relationships and navigate challenging conversations around product decisions and priorities, scope management, project status, and timelines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Proven track record using data-driven insights to make informed product decisions.
- Bonus if you have experience in B2C e-commerce and retail business operations and technology – a good understanding of enterprise processes is an asset.
Benefits and Perks
- Enjoy a flexible schedule of full-time hours. As a remote-first organization, we care about the work you do, but it’s up to you to choose where and how you do it.
- Explore ongoing opportunities for professional development: training, conferences, certifications, and in-house peer mentorship.
- Experiment with new techniques, wear multiple hats and learn about new disciplines.
- Pursue independent projects, explore new ideas, and challenge yourself in your field with dedicated “Awesome time” (self-directed professional development) annually and quarterly training budgets.
- On top of standard medical and dental coverage, we offer benefits like a parental leave top-up plan, an EAP, mental health coverage, virtual healthcare and a minimum vacation policy.
- Our Toronto HQ is a modern, ergonomic space complete with hotelling standing/sitting desks available and an open-concept social atmosphere.
- Additional perks are available including in-house mindfulness sessions, remote group get-togethers, and more!
Performance and Growth Expectations
We emphasize accountability for outcomes, but autonomy in activities. Your work will be measured across a number of data points (peer, leader & project team feedback) and will also be measured on the basis of client and user satisfaction. Your growth path is in your hands— you’ll have ongoing meetings with your leader to help determine your path, but your progress will be based on what you hope to achieve and how you choose to access the resources available to you.
Orium (formerly known as Myplanet) is North America’s leading consultancy and systems integrator specializing in composable commerce, customer data, and retail platform engineering. We have over a decade of experience in digital programs, and we work closely with best-in-class technology partners to bring modern commerce experiences to life as a member of the MACH Alliance.
We’re a remote-first company of over 200 globally-distributed employees. We’ve been a certified BCorp for over a decade. Based in Toronto with a global studio presence, we draw from a range of talents and perspectives to bring together data, systems thinking, and curiosity to build next-generation experiences. We’re building deep capabilities in data-driven design, AI implementation, and personalization while forming strong partnerships with leaders in machine learning, hardware development, and IoT platforms.
Committed to an Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment as we build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. We are dedicated to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require any accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Committed to Social and Environmental Stewardship
Orium is committed to promoting and working towards a more socially and environmentally sustainable future. All employees are expected to make decisions and take actions in relation to their role and work that follow through on this commitment.
While we may not be able to respond to all inquiries immediately, we will keep your information on file and reach out should a suitable opportunity arise. Please continue to check our website or job postings for updates on future openings. Thank you for your understanding and interest in Orium