The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
At Spotify, we want to create the best product that matches the perfect music at the perfect moment for our 300Million+ users. Core to this mission is having an incredibly personalized platform for our customers and being able to recommend the most relevant content to surface in any context. This mission begins with Machine Learning. It is crafted from the insights and ideas our engineers generate from the data, buoyed by the connections they make with fellow specialists. Encouraging those connections and building a magical experience for Machine Learning practitioners is the mission of our Machine Learning Platform, and we’re looking for a Product Manager to help drive these efforts.
As a Product Manager on the Machine Learning Platform team, you’ll be working with an outstanding team of engineers, researchers, data scientists and other product managers to build infrastructure to make machine learning efforts move more rapidly and deliver better results. The outputs of the team building on our platform will connect the creators on Spotify’s platform (music, podcasts and more) to the growing global Spotify user base.
Are you interested in being a key part in the future of our Platform? Read about the tools and technology that you’d be working with in this blogpost
What You’ll Do
- Translate feature requests and product challenges from our machine learning teams into product requirements and user stories that your engineering and design team relies on to build products.
- Be responsible for the product vision covering the model prototyping and ML workflow orchestration space at Spotify. Embody an iterative product building mentality while prioritizing for impact and the needs of our business.
- Establish product metrics that reflect product success and the progress of users on the platform. Drive efforts that increase performance on these metrics and the user experience.
- Communicate the Machine Learning Platform vision, roadmap and progress to key user groups, including product and engineering leadership.
- Identify critical gaps or impediments in our infrastructure offerings from the perspective of Machine Learning practitioners. Work with your team and relevant infrastructure teams to fill these gaps.
- Serve as an evangelist for the Machine Learning Platform, both internally and externally.
- Be a key contributor to the rapidly growing Machine Learning product area as a leader in technical and product forums.
- Be a champion of an inclusive team environment, while inspiring your team to perform at their sustainable peak.
Who You Are
- You have 2+ years of product management experience and have experience defining product roadmaps – ideally for infrastructure or technical products.
- You have strong empathy for your product users and obsessively champion their needs with your engineering team.
- You are a great teammate with a proven track record to work cross-functionally and establish relationships with customer teams.
- You have an appetite for responsibility but are willing to step back and support your team to achieve success.
- You have an ability to operate effectively and autonomously in situations of ambiguity, with only high-level direction.
This opportunity is phenomenal for someone with a technical background and a detailed understanding of the Machine Learning workflow. If you are motivated by making an impact on peer engineer teams and driving impact through them and the Spotify application, we would love to talk to you!
Where You’ll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.