Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is looking for a Product Manager who wants to build new products and take ideas from 0 to 1. The Growth team has been built with a group of people that look to tackle new challenges and build from the ground up in a collaborative workspace where everyone has an owner mentality. You will take concepts from inception/research → functional product MVP → fully fledged Upwork product. You will craft a product strategy that focuses on iterating to find product, market, fit. Every day, you will work with a dedicated product team of engineers, designers, and analysts to execute on the product roadmap and will be responsible for everything from creating product requirements and debating technical specifications to setting a product vision that invigorates the team
The ideal candidate has an Explorer mentality and a passion for solving customer problems.
- Consumer customer insights, evaluate market research, capture product insights to identify customer problems and coordinate a product plan to optimally address them.
- Collaborate with developers, designers, data scientists and analysts as a cohesive product team that takes ideas from inception → initial launch → iterations to land the product.
- Partner with marketing, operations, and sales to find the best ways to support product launches.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Having an Explorer mindset that can identify opportunities and can execute with a small team to land them
- Experience crafting a product strategy and vision then turning that into an agile product roadmap
- Experience in a highly collaborative and agile process with a cross-functional product development team
- Having an inventive and creative “do-what-it-takes” spirit, demonstrating a bias for action
- You have entrepreneurial spirit and can solve problems with scrappy teams
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with customers, peers, colleagues, and executives. You can succinctly articulate goals, progress, and priorities in written, verbal, and presentation formats.
- Technically strong with a background working very closely with engineering
- A passion for our business because we’re not just another internet company. We’re very passionate about our mission!
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.