Location: Austria, Germany, Switzerland – preferred: Vienna, Dornbirn, Munich, rest of Europe (remote)
Position: full-time employment
Crate.io are the developers of CrateDB, a global multi-model database, that enables companies to access data insights at scale. The flexible, distributed database solution combines the performance of NoSQL with the power and simplicity of standard SQL. Optimized for large data volumes with high compute and data versatility requirements, CrateDB runs in the cloud, on the edge and on-premise.
We are a VC and corporate funded global technology company, recognized as cutting edge by both Forbes and Gartner. We are gearing up for hyper-growth, with offices in the US, Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
As a Product Evangelist, you will play a crucial role in connecting CrateDB with its target developer audience. You will need to combine technical understanding of the product and community engagement. Both will help you define some key developer engagement tactics. The role is critical to grow the adoption of CrateDB massively. You should be hands-on and daily focused on achieving tangible results that demonstrate consistent weekly growth. You will work very closely with the Product team, Engineering team and the Marketing team. Given the strong contribution to many outbound activities, this role will report directly to the SVP Marketing, in charge of the Go to Market strategy and execution.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- Join a leading VC funded tech company from the pre-B stage through to exit
- Contribute demonstrable business impact to Crate’s growth
- Be part of an open, collaborative culture with “Craties” from diverse backgrounds
- Close interaction with Crate’s key customers, partners, and database users
WHAT YOU’RE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Gain a deep understanding of the target developer audience, their needs, preferences, and challenges
- Familiarize yourself with our product, possess a solid technical understanding and stay updated on industry trends, technologies, and developer communities
- Develop and execute engagement strategies, share technically accurate content (f.e. blog posts, tutorials, articles, videos) and encourage internal contributions
- Represent the company and its products at events and developer conferences, while establishing influential relationships with key figures in the developer community
- Gather feedback, address concerns, contribute to the CrateDB community portal, Stack Overflow and other technical forums, and grow our influence in the technical ecosystem
- Create educational resources, speak at events, and suggest improvements to the product and documentation to encourage developers dopting our product and facilitating the onboarding
- Plan and execute developer engagement strategies for product launches, ensuring that developers are well-informed about new features and updates
- Serve as the voice of developers within the company, ensuring that product development aligns with developer needs
- Leverage data and analytics to measure campaign and initiatives success, adapting strategies based on performance data to optimize for greater effectiveness
- Collaborate across teams to relay developer feedback for impactful product improvements, maintain quality documentation, address technical issues, and ensure a cohesive developer outreach strategy
A successful Product Evangelist understands the technical landscape, knows how to communicate effectively with developers, and can create communication and engagement strategies that resonate with this unique audience. Hard work, flexibility, adaptability, and a genuine passion for technology and developer engagement are key traits for success in this role.
- Relevant experience in developer relations, as a product advocate, evangelist or as a product manager, ideally in high-growth technology companies
- Experience in development preferred with Python or other programming languages
- Excellent networking, engagement and relationship building skills which lead to frequent interactions with developers
- Passionate about technology and communicating that to a technical audience
- Proficient in creating technical content and inspiring internal subject matter experts for developer audience programs
- Experienced in presenting and speaking to small and large audiences
- Demonstrated expertise in growth-driven strategies, emphasizing metric-focused action plans aligned with growth objectives.
- Bringing energy and passion in the different communications
- Agile and being able to challenge the status quo, bringing new ideas and moving fast to hit goals
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal in English is a must
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g., financial allowances for public transportation, fitness, and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Winner of the 2021 IoT Evolution: Industrial IoT Product of the Year Award)
At Crate.io, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.