About Current Health
Current Health is a leader in the movement to transition more healthcare into the home. We’re a technology company, but beyond our best in class hardware and software capabilities, we help healthcare organisations operationalize care at home and deliver excellent patient experiences through helping with the last mile of care logistics and services. We partner with leading healthcare organisations to advance home-based care in the US, the UK, and around the world.
More than doubling in size in the last year, we’re building a global team united in one purpose: helping people live healthier, longer lives by predicting disease and enabling earlier treatment. At Current Health, we seek to put patients first, solve problems with curiosity and creativity, pursue uncommon collaboration, and never stop growing. We’re a remote-first company, which means that everything from how we work, communicate, and socialise is shaped by tools and culture that prioritise collaboration and support independence.
A bit about the role:
Current Health is a growing business where we provide healthcare monitoring services, supported by the design and production of our physical product and packaging. As an evolving business, we strive to innovate and improve our existing design and manufacturing systems to create a comprehensive Product Offering. Working as part of a small team you will be a key player in taking our existing products and packaging to the next level.
We are looking for a candidate who has experience of using product design, as well as experience in designing for manufacture. Aspects of the role will involve prototyping and reviewing physical samples, as well as optimising manufacturing and production processes and investigating any issues that arise.
You will be responsible for helping shape and grow our physical product offering, with a direct and real impact on our product packaging design and design language. This role will also involve investigating and resolving manufacturing issues to ensure that products are produced efficiently, cost-effectively, and in compliance with quality standards. In addition, you will work closely with cross-functional teams within manufacturing, supply chain and digital UI/UX to ensure a consistent product offering.
It would be beneficial for the candidate to be able to visit the Edinburgh office and manufacturing and logistics sites in Fife, on a semi-regular basis, for the benefits of face-to-face team meetings, as well as seeing and investigating prototypes and manufacturing issues in person.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Create innovative packaging solutions through prototyping, testing and iterative design refinement driven by customer needs and user experience
- Utilise SolidWorks to design and develop product concepts, visualise ideas and prepare high quality CAD for production
- Support and work closely with the supply chain team to implement product and packaging changes, new components, kit configurations and processes
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with suppliers, arranging design samples and prototypes
- Conduct investigations to identify root causes of manufacturing problems, such as quality issues, production delays, or equipment failures.
- Utilise root cause analysis, preventative and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformances.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, such as; technical drawings, BOMs, design/engineering change notes, product design briefs and specifications
- Conduct performance and usability testing
- Develop product elements with a focus on patient experience supported by usability studies and feedback.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Project Managers to ensure key deliverables are met on time and within budget
Skills and Experience:
At Current Health, we’re looking for and value individuals who are adaptable, problem solvers, and eager to learn new skills. To ensure you are the correct fit for the role you should have the following key skills and experience:
- Experience of conceptualising, designing and developing products through to manufacture
- Experienced 3D CAD user, SolidWorks preferred
- Ability to read, interpret, and create technical documentation, such as; process work instructions, technical drawings, BOMs, design/engineering change notes, product design briefs and specifications.
- Willingness to learn new tools and processes
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills
- A belief in making data-driven, pragmatic and evidence-based product decisions
- An understanding of supply chain and the designers role within this
- An understanding of the holistic nature of a product with physical and digital aspects
We’re looking for someone who is eager to grow within our team. In that respect, you will have a great opportunity to hone and expand your current skill set. The following skills and experiences are not essential but a great advantage:
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of creativity and innovation displaying a broad skill set across the design spectrum
- Experience in conducting Process Validation; including IQ, OQ and PQ
- Experience in developing research summaries, sketches, user scenarios and product renderings
- Experience with packaging design including Cardboard, accessories and vacuum form design
- Have an understanding of manufacturing processes such as injection moulding, vacuum forming & metal fabrication
- An understanding of materials science and engineering principles
- Salary Exchange Pension scheme (5% employee, 3% employer contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance through Vitality
- Competitive bonus scheme
- 2 x Life Assurance cover
- Critical Illness cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- £10 pcm flex pot to use toward benefits in our Benni benefits portal
- Flexible, autonomous working environment
- Bike to work scheme
- Give as you earn through payroll