Aiven makes developers’ lives better by helping customers manage significant data flows for a wide range of use cases. Open Source has been baked into Aiven’s DNA since the very beginning, as the services we provide are all based on best-in-class Open Source data technologies.
We want to step up our contributions to developing these technologies, cultivating sustainable communities, and to making sure that open source truly remains open. That’s why we are now setting up an Open Source Program Office at Aiven and are now looking for a Program Manager to lead it. This position is open for candidates in Europe.
The Open Source Program Office will be responsible for coordinating and growing Aiven’s contributions to open source communities. The Office partners stakeholders inside and outside of the company to help them work together to solve real world problems.
Role (what you’ll do):
- You’ll lead the creation and execution of Aiven’s open source strategy that aligns with our business goals and provides lasting benefits to our key stakeholders
- You’ll help ensure we contribute to the development of key open source technologies via a structured process
- You’ll manage a globally distributed team of open source developers
- You’ll be the owner of our employee open source contribution program called Plankton, and support and advise engineers on their open source project contributions
- You’ll be an internal and external open source evangelist and directly impact the culture of open source at Aiven
- You’ll give regular updates on the Open Source Program Office to a diverse set of stakeholders
- Passionate about open source and a good understanding of its key principles, having contributed yourself to some open source projects
- Familiar with the infrastructure around open source projects, both when it comes to the technical aspects like repository/project management, and the human aspects such as community relations
- Experience in managing and working with software engineers across different regions
- Ability to build trust and collaboratively work with stakeholders of all levels across the company
- Clear communication and ability to distill and convey information in an effective manner
- Strong organizational and program management skills to manage a wide range of initiatives and incoming requests
We are proud of our organization culture – we search for the most pragmatic solution in everything we do and cultivate a trusting, supportive environment that empowers everyone to strive for excellence. Besides our people and culture, we offer you:
- An agile working environment with short decision paths
- Flexible working hours and environments, access to our cool offices in Helsinki and Berlin
- Choose the devices and tools that make you work the best
- Mobile phone and internet subscriptions
- Health and recreational benefits
- Participation in employee stock option plan
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit and growing diverse team, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a truly unique success story.