About DECA Games
We believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. When other studios see an old game, we see a fantastic set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 300 people in over 30 countries globally. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feel with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Team members are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently. We think that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team. Check out more about us and our values on our website (www.decagames.com).
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world, with the only requirement being that you are available in the CET timezone (9 am – 6 pm CET).
About the role
We are looking for a Narrative Designer to join our team and support us on our liveOps-driven MMORPGStory-based. You will be directly responsible for ensuring the game’s features are paced in a way that engages our players, by understanding how they behave in-game, via a KPI-driven approach.
- General design responsibilities with a focus on:
- Content design with a focus on narrative.
- Story-based event design.
- Close engagement with the community.
- Understanding and applying the narrative’s vision.
- Writing thorough and complete documentation.
- Championing the narrative and willingness to challenge.
- Communicating approaches clearly to other team members.
- Analyzing user behavior from all available sources and aligning our narrative approach.
- Controlling the transferability of narratives into different languages.
- Partial responsibility for the localization of the narrative.
- 2-3 years of experience in narrative design and/or creative writing.
- An education in creative writing and storytelling.
- Familiarity with games as a live service.
- Good understanding of narrative paradigm and its importance.
- A passion for MMORPGs and similar-styled games.
- Proficient in the use of Jira, Confluence, Google Docs, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and especially written.
- Speaking English at full professional proficiency.
- Experience in KPI-driven approaches and decision-making.
- High level of empathy and soft skills.
- Willingness to take responsibility.
- Facilitating positivity in a team.
- Ability to work fully remotely on a CET/CEST timezone and schedule.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support a personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish, etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 30 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.