NA-KD: Engineering Manager
03/30/21 2:03 am Programming 0 Comments
Headquarters: Gothenburg, Sweden
As a Engineering Manager at NA-KD you will be responsible for leading a small team of developers/designers to build and extend an international e-commerce platform. Our platform is based on Microsoft technologies, hosted on Azure. There will also be opportunities to create new e-commerce platforms, tooling to improve new and existing workflows and to further innovate within the Episerver Commerce platform. Your goals are set high and you plan to eventually become the best in your field. You have a genuine interest in technology and are keeping up with the latest developments. You appreciate the value of the process but can be flexible in a fast paced, start-up environment when the conditions call for it. You find joy in being the hero, solving hard problems and bringing solutions to market when it seems there are none.
Responsibilities (What you will do)
- Lead, mould, and inspire a cross-functional product development squad (backend devs, frontend devs, testers, etc)
- Work alongside the Product Manager of the squad to own the “how” and the delivery of projects which move the dial on core business KPIs
- Act as the direct line manager of the developers within your squad
- Coach and manage your direct reports, guiding their careers, and facilitating their up-skilling and continuous learning
- Act as the Scrum Master of your squad, leading ceremonies, and instituting Scrum best-practices within your team
- Liaise with other Engineering Managers across the business to ensure that teams are unblocked and are able to deliver their best work in a timely manner
- Ensure that services owned by you and your squad maintain uptime, security integrity, and internally agreed SLAs
- Conduct due-diligence of third-party services and vendors when being considered for implementation
- Ensure your squad has the resources and technical headcount necessary in order to deliver quarterly and annual goals
- Join interview panels to select for and hire future NA-KD Engineering team members
- Together with other Engineering Managers oversee and develop the architecture and future proofing of NA-KD.com and related systems.
Your Past & Your Skills
- Experience leading cross-functional product development teams in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- A strong coding ability in Frontend or Backend(We use React/.NET(Episerver).
- Experience working with fast-growing global tech products/companies (eCommerce).
- Proven experience with people management / leadership
- Experience working autonomously and helping guide the direction of product builds.
- Experience dealing with requirements from stakeholders / Product Managers
- Experience with Episerver is a huge plus.
- Good knowledge / experience about creating and running Microservices.
JOIN THE DREAM TEAM
Working at NA-KD is unlike any other gig. We’re a young company with a startup mentality and a hunger to be the best. In less than four years NA-KD has become one of the fastest-growing fashion e-commerce brands in the world. And we have a three-million-strong community to prove it. How? We see no limitations, only possibilities. No failures, only learning opportunities. We’re problem-solvers, disruptors, and early-adopters. We’re doers. And if you dream of going to work every day to build the next big thing – then welcome home.
Go to posting –> https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/na-kd-engineering-manager-1