MoveOn.org: Chief of People
02/22/21 2:09 pm Business, Management and Finance 0 Comments
Headquarters: United States
Chief of People
Full-time • Competitive Pay • Excellent Benefits • Work from Anywhere in the Contiguous U.S.
Go to posting –>Go to https://grnh.se/c36de65d1us to submit a resume and application. In lieu of a cover letter, we ask a few specific questions on the application.
MoveOn is a diverse and vibrant community of millions of people working together to create progressive change in America. We are an innovative campaigning organization that supports people throughout the country to take action through driving impactful campaigns that influence the behavior of people and institutions, shape the outcomes of elections, and expand the realities of what’s possible. We organize to challenge entrenched power, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice and a vision of a country in which everyone can thrive.
MoveOn has a vital role to play in securing progress during the Biden-Harris administration, and in organizing the grassroots to set up election wins in 2021, 2022, and beyond. We are building a powerful, multiracial, and economic populist movement, and fighting for progress on health care, climate, racial justice and more. In service of that mission, in 2021 and beyond, MoveOn will drive impactful, movement-connected, multichannel, nimble campaigns aimed at impact.
We are looking for a seasoned leader to oversee our People, Talent, and Organizational Development team. This function leads DEI, recruitment and hiring, onboarding and offboarding, performance management, staff and leadership development, and overall management of organizational culture and morale. This role provides visionary leadership, strategic direction, and management for the organization as a whole as part of the executive team. The Chief of People is a high level, strategic project manager with deep experience in management.
- Build and manage a strategic talent team to support the organization by hiring and developing strong talent, centering equity in across the organization, and shaping the organization’s culture
- Oversee recruitment and hiring team, including a Director of Talent and Organizational Development, to bring in strong and diverse top talent in a high volume recruitment environment
- Lead the organization’s ongoing diversity, equity and inclusion work, including setting strategic direction and goals, developing an equity roadmap, working with a team of consultants and overseeing internal working groups, and deepening staff skills to ensure that we bring a strong equity lens to our internal and external work
- Create a manager development program to systematically develop management skills amongst new and existing managers; regularly coach managers through challenges and opportunities
- Oversee performance management, including managing staff evaluations, coaching managers through handling performance challenges, and supporting the organization to have a strong culture of feedback
- Develop onboarding programs that set new employees up for success in their roles and offboarding programs that help temporary employees succeed in their careers after working at MoveOn
- Develop and manage organizational policies that support employees and ensure legal compliance
- Oversee compensation structure and process, and benefits offerings (benefits administration happens within a different team)
- Manage organizational risk, including but not limited to legal and reputation risks
- Foster and steward a culture steeped in the organization’s values
- Create and oversee systems that can scale during periods of fast growth, such as hiring hundreds of employees for an election cycle
- Serve on the the senior management team to provide overall leadership, strategic direction, and management to the organization, and support strategic planning and budgeting
- As a member of the executive team, provide sound strategic advice and support to the Executive Director in day-to-day management of the organization and to other senior leaders across the organization
- 5+ years of experience managing people or HR teams, with a proven track record of setting, supporting, and leading a team, teams or organization in achieving priorities
- Experience leading an organization to become more diverse, equitable, and inclusive through strong DEI programming and coaching
- A track record of demonstrable impact in such roles
- Acts with high integrity, professionalism, low ego, and camaraderie
- Strong equity lens, including:
- Strong awareness of issues of equity that impact an organization internally
- Demonstrated ability to manage equitably and develop equitable decision-making processes
- Strong listening skills and a track record of inclusive decision-making
- A relational manager with high emotional intelligence and experience being emotionally supportive to staff during stressful or difficult periods
- Proven success in managing strategic goal-setting and work planning
- Demonstrated leadership skills, especially in relation to aligning multiple teams and/or stakeholders outside of their line management
- Comfortable developing and driving systems and processes in a complex organization
- Deep commitment to MoveOn’s vision
Location: MoveOn is a virtual organization. The Chief of People and Organizational Development can live anywhere in the contiguous United States. Must be willing to travel domestically for up to 10% of their time.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time, competitive salary including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; 401k plan with employer contribution, employer-paid premiums for life insurance; four weeks accrued paid vacation time per year; 18 weeks of paid parental leave (birth, adoption, foster care placement of a child), 10 days accrued paid sick time; 10 staff holidays, professional development budget of $1,000, monthly cell phone and internet reimbursement of $175 per month, home office subsidy, and provide everything needed for your home office.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Go to posting –> https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/moveon-org-chief-of-people