Hello! Are you ready to Work from Home and transform your career? If you have great consulting skills and know you can consistently delight our customers and help grow our accounts, Modus is the perfect fit for you. Our high performance team helps our clients to build awesome solutions to accomplish their goals and vision. Are you interested in working from home with some of the best talent on the planet? Then keep reading.
We’re looking for an Architect to join the engineering team at Modus.
Experience Level: Principal
[In reference to requisition 1545]
You’re an experienced Architect who loves building great software. You have a strong background in back-end development with Java using Spring Boot 2.x and have experience in developing microservices in a containerized (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) environment. You have worked with different AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS (MySQL), SNS, SQS, etc, and have also dabbled with serverless NodeJS or Python in AWS Lambda. Your work could be leading new feature development, planning existing feature migrations, or creating APIs.
You relish creating high-quality code from the comfort of your own home. Your engineering projects will focus on understanding customers’ needs and translating those needs from product specifications into functional, production-ready code. You’ll have the opportunity to ship code daily that will be used by customers.
You are very proactive, demonstrate initiative, and are a logical thinker. You are proficient in diverse technologies and new architectural principles and concepts. You have experience in working in highly regulated environments.
You love learning and understand that software is an ever-evolving world. You enjoy playing with new tech and exploring areas that you might not have experience with yet. You are self-driven, self-learner willing to share knowledge and participate actively in your community.
Having overlap with your team is critical when working in a global remote team. Modus requires all team members to overlap with EST hours daily. In addition, reliable high speed internet is a must.
Things You Might Do
Modus is a fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
• Give back to the community via open source and blog posts • Travel and meet great people- as part of our remote-first lifestyle, it’s important that we come together as needed to work together, meet each other in person and have fun together. Please keep that in mind when you apply. • Teach and be taught: Modus creates active teams that work in internal and external projects together, giving opportunities to stay relevant with the latest technologies and learning from experts worldwide • Interact directly with internal and external clients to represent Modus and its values.
Our Benefits may vary according to the Country you are located in, so please reach out to our recruiter in case you have any questions.
If you live in Costa Rica and you become a full-time employee we offer:
• Competitive compensation • 100% Remote work (could vary according to the client’s needs) • Flexible working hours • Travel according to client’s needs • Company paid private insurance • The chance to work side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech • Social Security (CCSS) by law
If you live in Romania and you become a full-time employee we offer:
• Competitive compensation • Medical insurance • Meal vouchers • Telework indemnity • Bookster subscription • Extra PTO Days with Tenure per year worked(up to max. 4 days) • Possibility to obtain paid certification/courses if they align with company goals and are relevant for the employee’s role • Client Referral program • 100 % remote work and the possibility to work from the office • The chance to work side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
If you live in the USA and you become a full-time employee we offer:
• Competitive compensation • Health insurance (medical, vision, and dental) and other benefits (FSA and HSA) • Virtual Care support • 401(K) match to up to 3.5% of your annual salary • Optional Voluntary Short or Long-term disability insurance. • Remote work • The chance to work side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech • Flexible Time Off/PTO
If you live anywhere else you can become a contractor, and then we offer:
• Competitive compensation • 100% Remote work (could vary according to the client’s needs) • Travel according to client’s needs • Employee Referral Program • The chance to work side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
Modus Create is a digital product group that accelerates digital transformation. We use high performing small teams, emerging technology, and “new school” product development tools and methods to accelerate business outcomes. We support our clients across four core delivery areas: business and product strategy consulting, customer experience, cloud services, and Agile software delivery. Driven by a team of world-class talent, we have been recognized by the Inc 5000 list of Fastest Growing Private Companies nine years in a row, the Washington Business Journal list of Fastest Growing Companies in the Washington, DC area three years in a row, and a top company for remote work by FlexJobs. We’re also an official partner to Atlassian, AWS, Cloudflare, GitHub, InVision, Ionic Framework, and Vue.js! Founded in 2011, with our HQ in Reston, Virginia and offices in Costa Rica, Romania and France, Modus has employees all over the world. Based on the model of an open source team, Modites work remotely and are located across the globe. This has allowed us to hire the best talent in the world, no matter where they live. Our highly collaborative, autonomous, and effective working environment is fueled by a team unified by a love of continuous learning. Our years of thought leadership including books, whitepapers, blog posts, conferences and MeetUp talks, demonstrate our commitment to sharing what we’ve learned. We encourage every Modus employee to do the same. Our company is a platform for the growth of our employees. Through working with our distributed team of experts on challenging projects, every person that joins the Modus team can expect to continue growing and learning every day. This is your chance to be part of building something great.
*Federal law requires Modus Create to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States as full-time employees. *The statement above does not apply to 1099 Contractors or International Contractors
Modus Create is committed to creating a diverse environment, and each of us contributes to inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.