Foxbox Digital is an award-winning digital product agency, headquartered in Chicago. We partner with clients ranging from start-ups to mid-sized businesses and everyone in between to design, develop, and deliver successful digital experiences.
We’re a remote-first team of associates located in the United States and LATAM regions. Our mission is rooted in continuously engaging and assembling tech-enthusiasts together to build our global team.
The Mobile Developer is responsible for bringing creativity and agility to make an immediate impact to help Foxbox build beautiful products. You will play a crucial role in the development and maintenance of mobile applications for our organization. This is a collaborative role responsible for developing and maintaining scalable mobile applications using Flutter and other modern iOS and Android technologies. The Mobile Developer is motivated to participate in working closely with team members to positively impact our clients every day writing clear documents, ruthlessly prioritizing, presenting information and data to clients, and explaining what is going on to other team members in different roles.
- Develop and maintain Mobile applications using Flutter and other modern mobile technologies as a service.
- Write clean, maintainable, and testable code.
- Collaborate with designers, product owners, and other developers to ensure high-quality product delivery articulating multiple courses of action assessing costs and trade-offs. Participate in code reviews, design reviews, and architecture discussions, seeking diverse perspectives to fix issues within the project team and department. .
- Create unit tests and perform integration testing to ensure high code quality bringing value to the client experience.
- Optimize mobile applications for performance and scalability.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest mobile development trends and technologies to suggest ways to improve engagement with the client and team members.
- Engages client and internal stakeholders using appropriate communication methods and questioning to achieve desired outcomes.
- Participate in daily and weekly client and project meetings to understand and respond to changing requirements.
- Communicates work effectively to collaborate with other team members across Foxbox to drive results.
- Log billable and non-billable hours daily to accurately bill clients for work performed.
Who You are:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- You have 3+ years of experience in developing mobile applications using Flutter and other modern iOS & Android frameworks such as SwiftUI or UIKit.
- You have a strong understanding of Mobile development principles, including mobile architecture patterns and – Human Interface Guidelines.
- You have experience with modern mobile frameworks such as React Native or SwiftUI is a plus.
- You have the ability to create unit tests and perform integration testing.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with Kotlin is a plus.
- Experience with Objective C is a plus.
- Experience working in a professional services or consulting environment is a plus.
Technologies we use:
- Backend: Node.js | Python | Go | Ruby | Java | .Net | Elixir | React Native
- Mobile: Android / iOS
Why Foxbox Digital:
- We offer continuous training and growth opportunities
- You are part of a multicultural and collaborative team that is constantly growing.
- Don’t be afraid to break things; we encourage risk-takers.
Diversity and Inclusion
Foxbox Digital is an LGBT company certified by the Illinois and National LGBT Chambers of Commerce. We are committed to working with diverse and inclusive teams to continue building the digital revolution.
Foxbox is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all and team members with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Foxbox are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Foxbox will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Foxbox encourages applicants of all ages.