Middleware Developer / SOA Developer
Citizens is pleased to offer this opportunity on a remote / virtual basis (either fully remote or a combination of remote and in our Jacksonville, FL office). Visa sponsorship is NOT being offered for this position.
Searching for a place to make your mark? Every great team depends on the individual contributions of its members – the skills, talents and the passion that each team member brings. At Citizens, we’re building a workforce of top achievers committed to our company’s mission and vision. Our company values the knowledge that comes from experienced and dedicated individuals with a variety of backgrounds, in or out of insurance.
Citizens’ Mission is to provide property insurance protection in Florida to those who are, in good faith, unable to obtain coverage through the private market while also providing the utmost in customer service. Our Values are public service, integrity, respect, responsiveness and sound judgment. We strive to not only provide affordable insurance products and services but also to provide sound financial responsibility to the citizens of Florida.
At Citizens, we are a team of dedicated, service-minded professionals committed to our policyholders. Come achieve and maximize your potential with us!
Citizens IT department offers an Agile, teamwork-based, collaborative environment and we are seeking a talented Middleware Developer / SOA Developer to join our team.
In this role, you will be responsible for coding, modifying, debugging, and documenting software applications that best support business requirements as well as integrating various internal and external applications. Some key functions include:
- Develop, test and deploy code for enterprise Middleware applications
- Developing custom workflows using Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Develop back-end services for integration (using Java / J2EE)
- Developing custom web services with SOAP and REST API’s
- Web Service API Integrations
Job Duties / Essential Functions:
Models ethical behavior and executes job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values, ethics, and information protection policies.
- Plan, design, develop, modify, debug and evaluate complex software for functional areas. Analyze existing software or work to formulate logic for new complex systems and devises complex algorithms. Analyze the design and use of complex data sources. Monitor and employ source code control techniques and configuration management. (30% of time spent)
- Perform complex data analysis and test/debug complex software. Apply moderately complex programming security practices. (20% of time spent)
- Negotiate with stakeholders on project plans and the creation of software specifications. (10% of time spent)
- Develop and execute moderately complex test plans. Develop conversion and system implementation plans. (10% of time spent)
- Gather, analyze, prepare and summarize recommendations for approval of system and programming documentation. (10% of time spent)
- Recommend and implement changes in development, maintenance and system standards. Understand and apply industry practices, architectural standards and department policies and procedures relating to work assignments. (10% of time spent)
- Interact with senior level internal personnel. Regularly report progress on projects. (10% of time spent)
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree OR 4 years of relevant experience OR a combination of college education and relevant work experience equivalent to 4 years
- 2 or more years of software development experience
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Middleware – Oracle Fusion or another middleware platform to include Dell Boomi, Jitterbit, Mulesoft, Microsoft, Informatica, Workato, SnapLogic or IBM
- SOAP and/or REST web services
- Knowledge of Core Java, OOP and design patterns
- RDMS Database / SQL
- Systems Development Life Cycle / SDLC
- Application Packaging & Deployment
- Agile / Scrum Methodology
Other Qualifications / KSA’s:
- Demonstrated skills associated with software design, modification, implementation and deployment, including object-oriented programming concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop conversion & system implementation plans, understand functional needs and how systems can support those needs.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively present technical topics to small and medium size technical groups.
- Demonstrated ability to create software specification, to contribute technical narrative to grant proposals and to follow software specifications.
- Experience with identification and use of code libraries and open-source forums.
- Demonstrated software repository skills, testing and test planning skills.
- Experience with planning for deployment and creation of feedback mechanisms.
- Experience with common programming tools and knowledge of secure software development.
- Self-motivated and work independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under broad supervision on priorities and short-term goals.
We offer unlimited career potential, excellent training and development opportunities, and a structured Career Development program to explore future roles of interest while growing and developing in your existing role.
Citizens offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation and Sick Time, EAP, Tuition Reimbursement, Community Service and much more!
- Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company Paid employee basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Generous paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional and leadership development opportunities
- Company Paid Parking
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Community and volunteering opportunities
- Casual dress
Citizens is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.