PhotoShelter is a leader in visual media technology that helps photographers and creative teams work effortlessly and engage audiences instantly – all while maintaining the integrity of their content. Across our platform of SaaS products, we manage over 750 million visual assets for 80,000 professional photographers and over 1,200 large brands, including universities, pro sports teams, corporate and consumer brands, and leading nonprofits. We were built by and for creative people, and we’re committed to celebrating and supporting creative work. We’re seeking a self-starting, innovative and collaboration-focused Software Engineering Manager to help architect, build and improve the apps that our clients depend on daily.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Technical Support Manager to lead our dynamic Technical Support team. Our technical support plays a crucial role in ensuring the satisfaction and success of our customers. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in B2B SaaS product support, exceptional leadership skills, and a passion for delivering excellent customer service.
As Technical Support Manager, you will:
- Lead the team of Technical Support Specialists, hire, train, provide guidance, mentorship, and support to ensure individual and collective success.
- Foster a positive and collaborative team culture focused on delivering exceptional customer service.
- Identify opportunities to automate tasks and align service level agreements with internal and external customers to provide right sized outcomes for each product offering.
- Create a one stop experience for Technical support.
- Refine and manage an on-call support rotation with the team.
- Create clear documented repeatable processes for issue resolution handling.
- Create clear delineation of duties from Customer success and Engineering teams to ensure smooth escalations and resolutions for internal and external customers.
- Oversee the resolution of escalated customer issues, ensuring timely and effective solutions.
- Own the customer interaction for all Technical support needs.
- Assess existing tools, make recommendations and implement changes to ensure the team has the right tools to do great work.
- Identify opportunities and implement strategies to improve efficiency, productivity, and overall service quality.
- Collaborate with other departments to address and resolve complex technical challenges.
- Set performance goals and expectations for the Technical Support team, regularly monitor and evaluate individual and team performance.
- Continuously assess and enhance technical support processes to optimize efficiency and improve customer satisfaction.
- Implement best practices and stay abreast of industry trends to ensure the team’s effectiveness.
- Develop and deliver training programs to enhance the technical skills and knowledge of the support team.
- Facilitate ongoing professional development to keep the team updated on the latest product features and industry advancements.
- 7+ years of technical support experience in B2B SaaS environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Zendesk administration, with the ability to configure, customize, and optimize the platform for effective support operations.
- Familiarity with Jira and support ticketing tools.
- Strong technical background with the ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and cross-functional collaboration.
- Customer-centric mindset with a commitment to delivering exceptional service.
- Excellence in coaching others while continuing to accept feedback and learn
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
This role can be located in: New York City (HQ – Hybrid); Tristate area (Hybrid); Alabama (Remote); California (Remote); Colorado (Remote); Florida (Remote); Illinois (Remote); Maryland (Remote); Massachusetts (Remote); Michigan (Remote); Montana (Remote); North Carolina (Remote); Oregon (Remote); Pennsylvania (Remote); Rhode Island (Remote); South Carolina (Remote); Texas (Remote); Virginia (Remote); Washington State (Remote)
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
The team at PhotoShelter has a set of foundational values – among them are “we operate with heart” and “our integrity drives everything.” As these values guide our company, PhotoShelter is committed to maintaining a welcoming and respectful workplace that celebrates each employee’s unique identity. We recognize that diverse viewpoints and experiences are essential to the success of our team. Alongside our commitment to photographers and creative teams, we in turn ensure that team members from all backgrounds are supported to grow creatively and professionally in their careers at PhotoShelter. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. It’s not about our bottom line, it’s about the core values that drive us forward. Our management team and hiring managers are mindful of the needs of our unique community, ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, welcoming and safe for all.
- An energized culture and environment: Internet Week called us one of the Best Places to Work in NYC Tech, with special recognition for our employee happiness scores.
- Daily visual inspiration through exposure to amazing photographers, videographers and storytellers who use our tools.
- Benefits. We offer the usual good stuff. Competitive salary, 401(k) with company match, insurance coverage (health, dental and vision, life) starting day one, generous PTO, gym reimbursement and commuter benefits.
- The compensation range for this role is $110k-$140k (based on location and experience), plus variable pay incentive.