The Molasses Flood is a CD PROJEKT game development studio located in the greater Boston area. We were founded by industry veterans in 2014, and since then have created The Flame in the Flood and Drake Hollow. We’re currently working on an ambitious and exciting new project set in The Witcher universe. We value every voice on the team, open communication and transparency, and run a studio based on mutual respect and kindness between all members and levels of the team. If this sounds like the type of team you’d like to be a part of, we encourage you to apply.
The Molasses Flood is looking for a Lead Narrative Designer to direct both the creative and technical aspects of storytelling for our next title, a brand new adventure set in The Witcher universe. This is a leadership position, and will involve hiring and managing a team of narrative designers and writers, as well as working across all disciplines to ensure that our creative decisions remain faithfully grounded in the world of The Witcher. You will also work closely with production to develop and drive a narrative production plan. We’re entering an exciting new chapter in our development, and would love for you to help shape the way we grow!
This role imay be performed per our hybrid work model in the greater Boston area (Tues/Thurs in our office and Mon/Wed/Fri work from home), with relocation assistance available. This role could also be performed remotely within the continental US, and according to a US East coast time schedule.
Please include a link to a portfolio, or attach 1-3 writing samples to your application.
- Manage the writing and narrative processes both vertically within the narrative department and horizontally across all departments
- Develop the tools and techniques to convey stories to players in a multiplayer setting
- Oversee all aspects of the narrative process from developing the initial plot and delivery mechanisms to handling our localization pipeline
- Get your hands dirty: we expect everyone, including leads, to be hands on within their respective field, using the tools, and leading by example
- Build style guides and best practices that can be used by the writing team and those who need to directly collaborate with them
- Work closely with production to generate a solid narrative production plan, and track our progress
- Coordinate writers and narrative designers both internally and externally in conjunction with production
- Experience in a lead writing or narrative role on a game
- Candidates must have a US work permit or citizenship
- The ability to communicate fluently with engineers around technical implementation of tools and pipelines
- Curiosity, kindness, and a genuine love of lifting up your team, mentoring, and creating a positive creative work environment for those around you
NICE TO HAVES:
- Unreal Engine 4 or 5 experience
- Experience managing a team
- Experience with storytelling in a multiplayer context
- Experience with scripting or programming tools
The expected salary range for this position is $130,000 – $160,000 UDS, negotiable. Salary offered will be based upon a number of factors, including but not limited to: skill set, years and quality of experience, and suitability for the role.
What we offer:
- 100% company paid medical, dental, and vision plans available – for employees and dependents
- 401K with matching
- Company paid long & short term disability plans, and life insurance
- Profit sharing plan
- Unlimited PTO and flexible schedule
- Environmental company paid offset of employees’ carbon footprint via Wren.co
- Positions worked in office are hybrid: M/W/F work from home & T/Th work in office, with lunch provided on the in office days
- Dog friendly office
- Many opportunities for advancement as our team grows and takes on new challenges
The Molasses Flood is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embracing and celebrating diverse thoughts and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at The Molasses Flood is based on ability – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
CA Candidates: TMF abides by all policies set forth in the CCPA/CPRA. For more information, please contact HR or visit the California Privacy Protection Agency website: https://cppa.ca.gov/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.