At Stitch Fix, our goal is to help our customers look great and feel great about themselves by revolutionizing how people shop. In a time-starved world where shopping often feels overwhelming, our business connects customers to clothes they love. Whether it’s helping someone dress for success at a new job or taking the stress out of packing for a family vacation, we fix clients’ closets – and they love us for it!
We’ve built unique, innovative software for merchandising, warehouse and inventory management, remote styling, and logistics. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our clients and a very successful business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people to contribute!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Client Onboarding and Profile team is looking for an experienced backend engineer who will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of how clients engage with our platform. In this role you’ll contribute to the development of systems that enable clients to seamlessly convey their unique style and preferences. Your work will directly impact our ability to learn about our clients, ensuring that every client feels understood and confident in our understanding of their style.
In this role you will primarily work on our backend onboarding and profile systems, while still leveraging a full-stack mindset to ensure that frontend designs are properly supported through flexible designs. Your efforts will be crucial in creating seamless integrations and improving system performance. Collaboration is vital; you’ll work closely with front-end engineers and cross-functional teams, contributing to shared decisions and fostering cohesive, scalable solutions. Balancing immediate technical requirements with the long-term vision for our technology infrastructure will be a central aspect of your responsibilities.
This is a remote position available within the United States. We operate in an agile-inspired manner; collaborating across multiple time zones. We build modern software with modern techniques like TDD, continuous delivery, DevOps, and service-oriented architecture. We focus on high-value products that solve clearly identified problems but are designed in a sustainable way and deliver long term value.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL…
- Help design, develop, and continue to grow the foundation of client data at Stitch Fix.
- Have a significant impact on our ability to understand client needs and preferences by building flexible, scalable systems.
- Collaborate with stakeholders while leading the technical discovery, decision-making, and execution of projects within the team.
- Operate as an engaged member of the engineering team by participating in design review, project planning, solution implementation, pairing, and team ceremonies.
- Proactively communicate status updates or changes to the scope or timeline of projects to stakeholders and leadership.
- Share the responsibility of directing the team’s investment in impactful directions.
- Contribute to a culture of technical collaboration and scalable, resilient systems.
- Work within a distributed team of software engineers and cross-functional partners who are passionate about their craft.
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU…
- Have 4+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Have hands-on experience with running modern web stacks (e.g., Ruby on Rails, Python, React, Node, Golang, Postgres, Kafka, AWS).
- Are excited about solving challenging system design problems.
- Enjoy building backend systems while thinking about full-stack solutions.
- Are bright, kind, and motivated by challenge.
- Are respectful, empathetic, and humble.
- Have excellent analytical skills as well as communication skills both verbal and written.
- Take initiative and operate with accountability.
- Are motivated by solving problems and finding creative client-focused solutions while being pragmatic about balancing scope and cost.
- Believe that strong teams are built on trust and feedback.
- Understand and focus on what is right for the customer.
ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY
Technologies we rely on to pursue solutions to business problems include things like:
- Ruby, Rails
- GraphQL and Postgres
- AWS services such as Lambda, S3, CloudWatch
While experience with any of these is a bonus, our primary focus is hiring an engineer with a passion for solving problems first and foremost.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE WE…
- Are a successful and vibrant company.
- Are a technologically and data-driven business.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart, experienced, diverse leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy and taking initiative.
- Fully support remote work.
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, equity, and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are serious about our commitment to work-life balance, including unlimited vacation and generous parental leave policies.
Compensation and Benefits
Our anticipated compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets, and the range below indicates the low end of the lowest-compensated market to the high end of the highest-compensated market. This position is eligible for new hire and ongoing grants of restricted stock units depending on employee and company performance. In addition, the position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external careers site.
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
Recruiting Fraud Alert:
To all candidates: your personal information and online safety are top of mind for us. At Stitch Fix, recruiters only direct candidates to apply through our official career pages at https://www.stitchfix.com/careers/jobs or https://web.fountain.com/c/stitch-fix.
Recruiters will never request payments, ask for financial account information or sensitive information like social security numbers. If you are unsure if a message is from Stitch Fix, please email RecruitingOperations@stitchfix.com.
You can read more about Recruiting Scam Awareness on our FAQ page here: https://support.stitchfix.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500007169402-Recruiting-Scam-Awareness