– Could you sell hair care products to Patrick Stewart?
– Do you get a kick out of helping other people achieve their goals?
– Do you thrive in a high-stress environment filled with political infighting, bureaucracy, and corporate nonsense?
If so, then we are the place for you, except you might hate how nice of a company we have – filled with happy, generally competent people that don’t put up with jerks. Frankly, it makes me sick how nice everyone is.
We are remote full time, have very flexible hours, people are judged by their output, not by how much they suck up to the boss, and turnover is super low because the company believes that happy employees=happy customers=happy bank account. Simply disgusting, if you ask me.
–Is this a real job ad?–
Yup! Amazingly enough, we actually paid money to post this on a bunch of different job sites. And it’s not even a pyramid scheme! Plus, get this: the owner just started paying our 60ish employees with money instead of Pizza Hut coupons – we’re big-time, people.
PPC Farm was born from the parent company JLS Trading Co. Our careers page is actually worth checking out to learn more about how insane we are (sidenote: it won a web design award in 1993 – we’re a pretty big deal):
After learning Amazon inside and out, the CEO of JLS decided to build his own PPC (pay-per-click) system and started the PPC Farm agency.
You can check out the full story of how PPC Farm got started on our website.
You’ll be hired under JLS and trained with JLS principles but you’ll eventually be working directly on the PPC Farm agency.
The agency is growing rapidly, and it’s our intention to continue that for as long as possible. You’ll be employee #2 and able to get in on the ground floor of this new business start-up. We already have many clients, and need help to keep up with the growth.
Basically, you get to be an entrepreneur while someone else is taking on all the risk. Pretty sweet!
–What is your company like?–
1. Full Time Remote. You will be working from home in your pajamas. Keep in mind though that you will need to be available and conduct calls in the EST (GMT-5) time zone.
2. Complete Work/Life Balance. If you’re routinely working more than 45ish hours, you’re gonna get a friendly talking-to. We want you to be operating at 100% capacity, which means that you need to rest.
3. You Can Be Yourself. You don’t have to put on a fake, professional face. You can just be yourself. You can talk smack to the CEO, and no one will think anything of it.
4. Major Opportunities for Career Growth. We are not trying to just be a small business. We plan to be doing $100 million annually in the next few years. We promote quickly once we identify talent. It doesn’t matter what your credentials are – it matters what you get done.
5. Strongly Anti-BS. Anybody in the company can (and is expected to) tell the CEO when he is wrong. There are no bureaucratic or BS rules getting in the way of getting work done.
6. No Micro-Management. Once you’re trained and have demonstrated you know your stuff, we are pretty hands-off. In fact, if you need external management to stay on-task and motivated, we probably aren’t the place for you.
7. Supportive Environment. We don’t operate via intense stress or unreasonable top-down deadlines. Everyone wants you to be successful – internal politics are at a minimum here.
8. No Toxic People Allowed. We try very hard to screen out mean people before they get in, but in case they slip through, we fire them quickly. Imagine never having to interact with toxic people at work – how nice would that be?
9. We’ll Invest in Your Training. We want you and everyone to get better constantly. You’ll be learning new things all the time, and are strongly encouraged to invest time every day to learn new things, improve your system/work process, and just generally try to make your life easier.
10. Four+ Weeks Vacation. We 100% want you to recharge, so having plenty of time off is absolutely worth it.
11. Self-Funded So We Can Do What’s Right for Us. We don’t have to answer to anyone but ourselves, so we can make the right decision for the long-term health of the company vs trying to get big too fast or cut corners to appease some selfish investor.
Yes, those are legitimately our values. The careers page is definitely worth checking out – it’s not just normal corporate BS. We promise you’ll learn a lot about us.
–OK, so I’ve read like 8 dang pages about you guys. Will you tell me what the actual job is?–
OK fine.Super short version:
Get paid to learn how Amazon advertising and product management works and then eventually become a Money Printer (AKA Client Success Manager). That means you’ll be in charge of managing American client accounts, recording check-in videos for them, and also handling sales calls for new clients.
In other words, you are going to first need to holistically understand the Amazon ecosystem with a focus on Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising. Then we’ll train you on how we run PPC (spoiler alert: it’s better than everyone else). Then eventually, we will release you into the wild with actual client communication.
You are going to be a generalist which means that we are potentially going to ask you to do a wide variety of things but here are some responsibilities you can expect to take on.
First off, you’ve gotta learn stuff like:
How Amazon advertising works.
How to sell things on Amazon.
What is PPC (Pay-Per-Click) advertising on Amazon?
How our proprietary PPC system works.
PPC Farm agency processes and systems.
Next you’ll apply your new skills to client accounts by doing things like:
Record videos of yourself each week to share progress updates with American clients.
Data entry for new client conversion and onboarding.
Implementing our “farming” process on our client’s products.
Monitor client PPC accounts daily.
Analyzing client Advertising accounts to troubleshoot issues and find areas to improve.
Proactively communicating with clients regarding any changes or progress in their accounts.
Finally, you will have the opportunity to be on sales calls with clients which looks like:
Having initial discovery calls with clients to whet their appetite.
Conducting account audits and then presenting the findings on a second call.
Closing deals and taking names.
If you’re worried about the sales side of the equation, don’t worry. Our service basically sells itself plus we’ll teach you everything you need to know about sales (our approach is super intuitive and easy, as long as you’re comfortable just having a conversation with people). We promise you won’t be cold-calling people desperately trying to meet quota or anything resembling that.
It is challenging, but fun work that’s going to require a lot of time and task management, problem-solving, and a big dose of people skills.
–Do I need experience?–
We expect you to have a minimum of 70 years of experience (120+ preferred).
Oh, you haven’t lived two lifetimes eating and breathing business 24/7/365? Who TF do you think you are, reading this job description? You absolute buffoon.
Oh, you haven’t been directly involved in at least two (preferably three) World Wars? You’re not even qualified to operate our coffee machine, you sentient potato.
Oh, you didn’t observe the Big Bang as it happened? Get out of here, you pirated copy of Windows 95.
I am gonna literally throw up from the mere thought of your hubris, that you could apply for this position. Absolutely sickening.
Also, no you don’t need any experience.
We want special people, and don’t give AF what their background is. Most of our best people did nothing remotely related to their current roles, so if you’ve never done anything like this before, don’t sweat it. We hire 100x more for potential than existing knowledge. The Big Bang requirement still stands though.
–Do I need a college degree?–
You just need to be awesome.
–What do your clients look like?–
The vast majority of our clients are American and that trend will definitely continue. So, if you’re not comfortable being on calls with native-English speakers this might not be the best fit for you.
–Are there any language level requirements?–
Unfortunately, we are looking for a native speaker for this role due to our client base. If you’re not “literally” a native speaker but you are a near-native speaker, feel free to shoot your shot.
We will definitely have roles that will not have this requirement in the future though.
–Are there any geographic restrictions?–
No, but keep in mind that you will need to be available and be on calls with clients that are based in the US so if that means you will need to be awake from midnight until 8:00 AM that’s probably not going to be sustainable for you.
— I’ve never done sales or marketing, will I still be considered?–
Like we said, there is absolutely no experience required, and we’ll train you on how to do everything.
–What if I’m not very good at math?–
This role doesn’t require calculus or anything like that, but you will definitely be looking at spreadsheets of data and performing mathematical analysis on it (nothing too fancy). If you hate math, this probably isn’t the role for you, but you don’t have to love math to be successful, either.
–Do I need to know anything about Amazon?–
If you’ve ever bought anything on Amazon before then you’re probably golden. We’ll teach you the ins and outs of everything else.
–This sounds pretty good, though I’m still skeptical that this isn’t a pyramid scheme.–
You sound just like our tax auditor!
–That doesn’t resolve any of my fears, but what do I need to do to apply?–
Please submit your information on the following page to apply. We promise to respond within 5-10 business days even if our answer is No.
There will be multiple steps in this process, FYI, including a long written application, interviews with potentially a few different people, and paid work test(s). Hiring the right people is really hard and very expensive if we do it poorly, so we have to front-load the process. I’m sorry about that and thank you for sticking with us.
Once you’re in our pipeline though, I would anticipate giving you a final answer within a few weeks, depending on how it goes. We definitely don’t want to string you along, and as long as you do what we ask, we promise to tell you “yes” or “no”, and to not just ghost you (like everybody I match with on Tinder).
Thank you for your time and interest, and I hope we can work together soon!