Founded in 1994, Mindex is a software development company with a rich history of demonstrated software and product development success. Our three divisions – Cloud, SchoolTool, and Software Development – are all rapidly growing, and our employee base is close to 400. We are ranked the #1 Software Developer in the 2023 RBJ’s Book of Lists, the Best Software Developer in the RBJ’s 2022 Reader Rankings, and a 2022 Certified Great Place to Work.
Mindex’s Software Development division is the go-to software developer for enterprise organizations looking to engage teams of skilled technical resources to help them plan, navigate, and execute through the full software product lifecycle.
We seek an Associate Java Software Engineer to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand customer requirements and develop tasks to accurately reflect those requirements .
- Design and develop full stack technical software solutions using Java, Spring Framework, REST APIs, Python, Mongo, Kafka, Openshift, and Jenkins.
- Design and develop automated tests. Execute test suites and resolve defects.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with team members and customers to ensure effective and efficient implementation of solutions .
- Document each aspect of a systems application.
- Provide ongoing support and enhancements for new and existing systems and platforms .
- Curiosity to learn and advance relevant technical knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with enterprise development in an Agile environment
- Experience with an RDBMS such as Oracle or SQL Server
- Experience with SOAP and/or REST web services
- Experience with defect tracking software
- Experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- 401k retirement savings plan and company match with pre-tax and ROTH options
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Employer paid disability insurance
- Life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account with employer contributions
- Accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity, and legal assistance
- Adoption assistance
- Domestic partner coverage
- Tickets to local sporting events
- Teambuilding events
- Holiday and celebration parties
- Leadership training
- License to Udemy online training courses
- Growth opportunities
The band range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets, education, experience, training, certifications, internal equity, and other business and organizational needs. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at, or near, the top of the range for their role; and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. The range for this role is $60,000 – $90,000.