Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Peraton’s has an opportunity for an experienced Java Software Developer Senior, position is a remote opportunity.
What you’ll do:
• Support the development and/or sustainment of a software development environment that covers the entire Software Development Lifecycle using current methodologies to include Continuous Deployment, Agile, and Development Operations (DevOps).
• Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software.
• Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with cross-functional engineering and development teams in the planning, design, development, and utilization of Cloud-based capabilities for the development, modification, and deployment of commercial-of-the-shelf (COTS) software.
• Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Confers with systems analysts, engineers, and cross-functional teams to design software and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
• Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
• Coordinates software testing and deployment to ensure specifications are met.
• Assist the Scrum Master and Scrum Team in providing technical expertise in executing contract deliverables.
• Provide support to the Chief Enterprise Architect, Release Train Engineer, Senior Leadership and the client with regards to software development best practices.
• Support Quality Assurance and Quality Control verification within all applicable phases of software development to assure all actions are completed in accordance with appropriate policy, standards and procedures.
• Requires 5 years with BS/BA or 3 years with MS/MA or 0 years with PhD.
• Fully adjudicated DoD Secret clearance
• Requires Security+ or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (can be obtained after starting on program)
• Experience with Cloud technologies, specifically using AWS Services (Microservices, Lambda, SQS/SNS, S3, Cloudwatch , Dynamo DB etc), Git, popular CI/CD tools.
• Experience with CI/CD automation, and/or DevSecOps practices to increase delivery velocity
• Experience in full stack development using Java as a core competency
• Experience in developing Web Services / RESTful APIs and API Integration
• Experience using Jira and Confluence; developing user stories and identifying features based on client requirements
• Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, Kanban Framework, and Waterfall.
• Knowledge of AWS ecosystem & implement cloud-native software solutions on AWS
• Knowledge and experience working with Relational & NoSQL Databases. (Oracle, PostgreSQL)
• AWS Developer Associate Certification
• Implementation of PaaS and CaaS platforms
• Foundation experience with Virtualization/Containerization using Docker/Kubernetes
• Experience in developing Java applications using the Spring Boot framework
• PKI experience, including digital signature and encryption of sensitive data
Benefits: At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best, beyond the work you do with us daily. We are fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans, to tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, and fertility treatment, we are there to support you all the way.
Target Salary Range
$86,000 – $138,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SCA / Union / Intern Rate or Range
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.
At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best beyond the work you do with us daily. We’re fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans to tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, and fertility treatment, we are there to support you all the way.
•Paid Time-Off and Holidays
•Life & Disability Insurance
•Tuition Assistance and Student Loan Financing
•Paid Parental Leave
•Medical, Dental, & Vision Care
Go to posting –>