Work Hours: 8:30pm – 6:30 am, Monday to Friday
Obran Cooperative is the first worker-owned cooperative conglomerate in the US. At Obran, we believe that everyone should own their work, and that ownership can dramatically improve our lives, both financially and emotionally. Growing worker-ownership is foundational to building a more equitable and just economy, an economy that enables the people who create value through their hard work to share in the value they create. At Obran, we are pioneering a new approach to grow worker-ownership at scale and create a new economy.
We are seeking a Support Specialist to join our team and help minimize technical interruptions. In this role, you will work closely with Obran’s Tech Systems team to assess incoming technical support tickets, diagnose issues, solve issues and document processes and recurring issues. You will be responsible for ensuring a positive experience of all Obran employees and stakeholders.
- Work with appropriate internal teams to solve tech related issues and manage them through resolution
- Set up user accounts and permissions on the organizations servers and applications, ensuring appropriate access levels
- Respond promptly and professionally to support tickets, maintaining a courteous approach
- Create new user accounts/profiles and address password-related issues
- Effectively prioritize and manage tickets and workload.
- Make recommendations for purchasing items to fulfill end users’ requirements.
- Track regular support issues and identify areas where the coop could improve resources or processes
- Install, configure, administer, maintain, monitor, diagnose, and repair end-user systems (Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OSX) and software applications across the cooperative.
- Support the implementation of new security policies and procedures
- Install, configure, administer, maintain, diagnose, and repair printers, including multi-function printers, copiers, and mobile devices within the corporate environment.
- Process hardware return merchandise authorizations (RMA) and/or warranty replacements.
- Work with internal stakeholders to support the testing and evaluation of new technologies to ensure compatibility and effectiveness.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of hardware and other computing assets.
- Ensure all tasks are conducted in compliance with Obran’s standards and procedures.
- Conduct regular self-checks on completed work to ensure security and audit compliance.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Personal enrichment resources offered to all Obran Cooperative members
- Financial budgeted resources offered to all Obran Cooperative members
- An ever growing set of member benefits offered to all Obran Cooperative members
- Optional participation in the Obran Cooperative board and committees to help define future Obran Cooperative member benefits for all Obran Cooperative members
Our MissionObran Cooperative’s mission is to put the engines of business to work for humanity.Our VisionObran will be the world’s largest worker-cooperative conglomerate. We exist to grow profitable, useful, and impactful businesses that serve our members, customers, and communities. We acknowledge structures of inequity and embrace the struggles to overcome them, one workplace at a time.
- Democracy: We empower and educate members to participate fully in workplace decisions.
- Innovation: We question the status quo and find new ways of working that are better for ourselves, our customers, our communities, and the environment.
- Solidarity: We act in ways that promote equity and inclusion; we are pro-black, pro-women, pro-LGBTQ+, and against hate and discrimination in all its forms.
- Humanity: We believe that workers are humans first; we foster dignity, respect, and joy in our interactions with each other.
- Balance: We think critically and holistically about our decisions, and seek balance in the short- and long-term outcomes of all stakeholders we touch. Our stakeholders include our members, our families, our communities, our investors, our customers, our suppliers, and the environment.
Our PrinciplesThis organization operates in accordance with the Rochdale cooperative principles:
- Voluntary and open membership
- Democratic member control
- Members’ economic participation
- Autonomy and independence
- Education, training, & information
- Cooperation among cooperatives
- Concern for community
Salary Range DisclaimerThe base salary range represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, net disposable income, and performance. The range listed is one component of Obran’s total compensation package for employees/members. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Cooperative Membership, and an open Paid Time Off policy.
Equal Opportunities and AccommodationsObran is deeply committed to creating workplaces and a community of members where equity is prioritized and valued. We believe that traditional corporations’ bad behavior disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ+ people. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Obran is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please contact Obran Careers at email@example.com at least one week in advance of your interview.
About the company
Obran is a cooperative conglomerate corporation. We acquire and hold profitable small to medium size businesses and real estate on behalf of our worker-owners.
We believe that everyone should own their most precious asset: their time. Through our portfolio of small businesses and real estate holdings, Obran Cooperative empowers our workers with ownership and education. Our unique holding cooperative structure allows us to invest in long term wealth and opportunities for our members