Pixelynx is a new music and gaming venture that has been launched by deadmau5 and Richie Hawtin. We are building a music platform that makes it easy for any artist, label or events to launch their own interactive experiences and monetize them through Digital Collectables (NFTs)
Pixelynx are looking for an experienced Head of Engineering to lead a team of engineers building Korus, a next-gen music platform bringing fans closer to their favorite artists with exclusive music, in-game collectibles and playable immersive experiences. In this role you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the music industry from a technical perspective, drive the company’s technical strategy and grow a team of talented engineers to deliver a revolutionary product.
This job is fully remote and open to contractors and FTE.
- Head up the engineering team for all Pixelynx technical services, with focus on Audio and Music creation, audio-visualization, playback, socialization and gamification
- Work with music industry founders, product owners, key stakeholders, and technicians to ensure that all engineering services meet all product and business requirements.
- Create, implement and manage infrastructure ensuring the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of all Pixelynx technologies.
- Supervise a small team of engineers to deliver on all engineering requirements
- Ensure all projects are delivered within time constraints, in budget and to high industry standards
- Review and lead discussions on priorities, timelines, and scope with key stakeholders
- Review and approve engineering work performed by co-development partners.
- Continuously improve engineering practices.
- Develop a culture of innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement within the engineering team
- Stay up to date with current industry trends, emerging technologies and regulatory developments
- Master of Science in Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- At least 6 years of professional engineering experience
- At least 2 years experience as a Head of Engineering or similar position, owning the technical direction and strategy
- At least 3 years experience with AWS, with services including EKS, Dynamo DB, S3, CloudFront
- Prior experience leading web platform development and building SDKs
- Working knowledge of database products (Oracle, MySQL etc)
- Understanding of HTTP protocol and basic web systems with analysis tools
- Strong communication skills and the ability collaborate closely with remote team members
- Implemented and improved monitoring and engineering metrics
- Familiarity with Agile practices
- Able to guide difficult decision making processes, helping the team to reach consensus
- Interest and experience in music or audio preferred, gaming a plus
- Knowledge and interest in Artificial Intelligence, Web 3, blockchain and NFTs a plus