Are you an experienced designer who knows how to use a brand’s visual language to deliver a message, build connections with users, and deliver incredible product experiences? Are you passionate about applying best practices and making all types of communications and experiences look amazing? If you answered yes to both of these questions then we want to hear from you!
Description of the Position:
Working with the VP of Marketing & Communications, you will be responsible for guiding the direction of our brand’s visual identity as well as designing marketing, product and sales projects. A typical day at Mako starts with our 10 am standup team meeting and continues with a self-directed production schedule, an afternoon walk, and a few GIF posts in Slack. Your primary tasks will include:
- Defining and maintaining our brand’s visual identity
- Defining and maintaining our website, including interactive and dynamic content
- Designing collateral including brochures, banners, case studies, ebooks and advertisements
- Designing responsive and intuitive product interfaces
- Providing design-driven insights to all business teams to keep them on brand
- Hiring and leading external and internal design and production resources as we grow
* You’re creative and operate within online design best practices
* You’re not afraid to challenge ideas to get the best outcome possible
* You’re results-driven and can adhere to a production schedule
- Undergraduate or professional degree in graphic design
- Minimum of 2 years of pertinent experience in B2B projects (SaaS or finance experience preferred)
- Broad exposure to branding, marketing design, and product design
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of Social Media platforms like LinkedIn, and Facebook
- Illustration, animation and/or video editing experience are assets
- Strong written and spoken English language skills (French is a bonus).
- Currently, all employees are working from home.
- Compensation based on experience. Gold-plated medical and dental benefits provided after a 90-day probation period is completed.
To apply for this position, please provide a portfolio with recent relevant works, either online or in PDF format. Thank you for your interest!
About Mako Fintech
Mako Financial Technology launched a category-redefining platform in 2018 that allows wealth management firms to bring client onboarding, renewal, and investment online seamlessly. Every player in the financial industry is experiencing digital transformation in their own way, and Mako uses this principle as its North Star. Mako’s mission is to democratize the digitalization of wealth management by providing each firm with a cloud solution adapted to its unique workflow processes, and delivering it at a disruptively lower cost. Mako Fintech is headquartered in Montreal, Canada, and led by a team of finance and technology experts.