Howl is the creator platform for social commerce. We build tools for brands and creators to sell more products across every social platform, together.
In the last 10 years, the $20bn influencer ecommerce market has become a critical part of the retail industry. It has evolved into social commerce, a new $1.2 trillion market opportunity (link) requiring new tools, protocols, and technologies.
Howl enables creators and brands to run experiments on what products to talk about and how best to talk about them. Paired with data delivered at the speed of social, creator financing for products, and feedback loops delivered in a beautifully designed platform, Howl takes the guesswork out of selling products on social platforms.
Howl’s mission is to reduce barriers for creators and brands to build social commerce businesses. We are a remote-first company with a diverse team that reflects our vision. Our beta launched in mid 2022 and powers social commerce for creators and brands across beauty, gaming, home, fashion, and consumer electronics for both industry leaders like Best Buy, Samsung, Target and cult favorites like Cariuma, Kosas, and Youth to the People. We are a Series A company backed by investors including HighlandX and NEA.
For more information, visit www.planethowl.com.
About the Role
Howl is looking for a Head of Creator Partnerships for our Consumer Electronics team that will lead the partner acquisition and management functions by defining its strategy, goals, processes, and infrastructure.
Unlike many creator marketplaces that are focused exclusively on beauty and fashion, Howl has built a large Consumer Electronics and Tech business focused primarily around creators and niche publishers who write organic content and reviews about the latest electronics. Howl works with thousands of leading tech creators as well as brands and retailers across mobile devices, pc gaming, photography, home appliances and entertainment, and more.
As the Head of Creator Partnerships you’ll oversee one half of the marketplace, managing a team that will run point on all of our creators and publisher partners across the space. This team’s goal is to help creators on Howl earn more by better adopting both the product and best practices, as well as to bring new creators and publishers into the fold.
The right candidate has a passion for growing revenue and identifying new revenue opportunities/streams; outstanding ability to define and execute a strategic vision; and a willingness to execute the tactics. Successful candidates will bring passion for creator commerce space, and have an understanding of eCommerce and performance.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will:
- Own the acquisition and growth goals for electronics creators on Howl, ranging across mobile tech, PC gaming, photography and lighting, computing, appliances, and more.
- Create strategies to help creators maximize their earnings and bring Howl into new social channels
- Coach and manage a high-performing team that both cultivates relationships with existing partners as well as builds pipeline to acquire new ones
- Partner with leading agencies and management companies to create win-win business opportunities
- Meet with key clients along with the brand partnerships team to help them define and grow their creator programs
- Work across teams and collaborate with product, product marketing, enterprise sales and brand partnerships to ensure and align on the right priorities
- Architect and deliver on KPI’s that directly contribute to company revenue
We’re Excited About You Because:
- Seasoned leader in creator/affiliate space with demonstrated experience in consumer electronics
- Solid understanding of the dynamics affiliate marketing businesses
- Experience guiding strategy with publishers as well as creators.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment, comfortable with ambiguity
- You’re comfortable owning strategic positioning, testing and pivoting your pitch to creators, testing incentives, and owning the outcome
- You have experience working with creators and you understand the commerce content landscape, specifically in Tech and CE
- Demonstrated excellence in sales & revenue management, forecasting, and achieving aggressive goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The base salary range for this role is $190,000-$210,000 USD.
At Howl, we offer a competitive compensation package inclusive of base salary, incentive pay and stock options. Incentive awards are allocated based on individual performance. Certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Howl is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.