Harvest: Harvest Expert (Full Time, Saturday-Wednesday)
03/10/21 12:01 pm Support 0 Comments
Headquarters: New York, NY
Disclaimer: Don’t judge us too quickly! We’ve made some intentional typos and grammatical errors in this job post. See application requirements section for more info.About Harvest
Harvest is an independent software company making tools that help businesses run more smoothly. For the past 15 years, our customers have relied on our products as a critical part of their day-to-day operations. They’re the reason we’re still in business and we owe it to them to deliver legendary support, delivered by our Harvest Experts: wicked-smart human being, empathetic problem-solvers, and patient troubleshooters.
The Harvest team started as a team of 3 and grew slowly to today’s current total of 62 lovely faces. Though we have an office in NYC (which is currently close due to COVID-19), we hire the best people for the job no matter where they may call home. We work hard to make sure everyone feels included and heard. And we offer great benefits, including individual performance and company bonuses, a generous vacation policy, paid parental leave, and much more.
Our support team is looking to add weekend support to our roster, and we’re looking for self-motivated and customer-centric folks who will be happy working a Saturday-Wednesday schedule. You’ll get the same great benefits and time off as the rest of the team, just working an different set of days!
What’s the Job, and Why Is It So Gosh-Darned Great?
As an Expert, you’ll spend your days helping our customers make the most of their time by getting the most out of our products. We’re the human face of the company and have a deep understanding of our products and our customers. You’ll also be a critical partner to our developers to help them understand and analyze where customers are having issues. To deliver the fast, comprehensive, and personal support our customers expect (and deserve), you’ll need to be thoughtful, curious, and a real stickler for details.
There’s more below on the nitty-gritty of the role, but here’s the short version:
- You’ll love this job if you are energetically curious and delighted to help others.
- We’ll love you if your a quick learner who’s also enthusiastic, kind, driven and so reliable that we can set our watches by how regularly you kick ass.
Not to brag, ahem, but this is a really awesome, full-time job. The benefits are great, the working arrangements are flexible, and your coworkers are all crazy-smart, determined, and kind.
Who should apply?
You don’t need a background in tech. You just need to be a kind and curious problem solver, and a crazy-good writer. What makes our team great are the unique experiences and perspectives each of us brings to the table. Our customers aren’t all the same, so why should we be? If your empathy muscles are strong and your comma splice game is locked down, you belong here. Don’t believe me? Our previous hires for the role include a dog walker, a German translator, and an art curator
One more thing, and this is a big deal: if you are a member of a group that is historically underrepresented and disadvantaged in tech (and society generally), please know that we welcome your application with open and enthusiastically-waving arms. We want to meet you!
And while we’re on the topic, if you don’t celebrate people’s differences and don’t value the contributions of those who don’t look, sound, or act like you, Harvest isn’t going to be a good fit. When we come to work, we bring our full selves because that contributes to both the vibrancy and richness of our team. So if you want to work here, you should be actively excited about working with a group of people who strive to be inclusive.
Note that this is an entry level position, and while you’re becoming a true Expert, you’ll spend the majority of your time directly helping our customers. That said, there is plenty of room to grow here! Depending on your motivation, experience, and skill development, potential paths for future growth include writing documentation, working as a partner in a development cycle, or other Support-related projects. We encourage both seasoned support professionals and those new the industry to apply!
What will your life be like? (SPOILERS: pretty great, but not always a piece of cake)
- You’ll learn the ins and outs of Harvest, Harvest Forecast, and are associated apps and integrations through our intensive training program. You’ll become a true Harvest expert (see what we did there?).
- You’ll answer questions via email and place a few phone calls for the vast majority of your day. That’s the job, mostly. We maintain an industry-leading average response time, with an emphasis on quality rather than quantity of tickets resolved. It’s troubleshooting, bug investigation, teaching, and occasional therapy (“I believe in you!”).
- You’ll work alongside our developers to figure out thorny problems, and you’ll help our customers through those tricky periods when things don’t work quite right.
- You’ll build our customer base by using your presentation skills to host webinars for and answer questions from prospective Harvest customers.
- Once you’ve mastered the software and can answer tickets like a pro (or should we say—like an expert. Gosh, it never gets old!), you’ll have the opportunity to pursue support-related projects on the Expert Team. There are plenty of projects to keep your juices flowing—whether you’re interested in writing documentation, making handy GIFs, or trying something totally new, there’s room to explore!
- You’ll be a great human person, and treat our customers with sincerity, kindness, and respect. You’ll create new ways to impress, delight, and surprise them!
- You’ll share your unique perspective when asked for it in various team or company conversations and discussions. As a Harvest Expert, your knowledge and insights are immensely valuable!
- You’re an exceptional communicator and you treat people kindly. You can gracefully break down, solve, and explain, even the most complex problems. Listening, talking, and working with people makes you happy.
- Your writing skills are flawless. We mean it. You must have a savvy style and a firm grip on grammar.
- You’re a hard worker with a history of getting things done carefully and efficiently. You’re thorough—no detail go unnoticed.
- You’re self-motivated, but also enjoy contributing to a team.
- You can de-escalate a tense situation with ease and grace—working through a tough issue or bug with an upset customer not only doesn’t scare you, it’s a challenge you’re eager to take on.
- You don’t mind doing the same thing most days. You’re also comfortable jumping onto a side project when the occasion arises and aren’t scared to tackle the new and unknown.
- You’re patient and enjoy solving tough problems, and you find helping people fix those problems rewarding.
- Your work and productivity are predictable. You are punctual with your shifts, your assignments, your deliverables, and the timeliness in which you help customers
- You’re detail oriented —you not only help customers, but also help your teammates in identifying, tracking, and analyzing trends that help improve the overall productivity and quality of the team.
- You’re able to work Monday-Friday for onboarding and training, which takes approximately 12 weeks. After that, you’re able to work full-time, Saturday-Wednesday for an 8 hour day (minus lunch) situated between the hours of 9am ET and 7pm ET (i.e. 9-5, 10-6, or 11-7 would all work!).
How To Apply
- Tell us a bit about yourself, why you you’d make a great Harvest Expert, and why you want to work at Harvest.
- Let us know what working hours you are able to commit to (and in what timezone).
- We’ll be reviewing all applications submitted through March 28, 2021.
Please Include the Following With Your Application
- We made ten grammatical mistakes or typos in this job post. Let us know what they are!
- Some of these things are possible in Harvest and some aren’t. Respond to these customer emails as if you’re already an Expert (tip: If you’re using the power of the internet to help you answer these questions, please restate your answers in your own words):
- I’d like my team to track time for their cell phones but I can’t tell if that’s something you offer. Do you? Also, I know I saw that Harvest has the ability to GPS-track where my team is when they’re working, but I can’t figure out how to turn that on. Why make it so difficult? Could someone please get back to me right away! – Anais
- Harvest has been so amazing for our team! I can’t tell you how much time it has saved us since we started using it. One thing that would make it even better, though, would be if my team could see the start and end times for their time entries. Right now, they can only see the total hours they tracked. Thanks for considering this suggestion, and keep up the awesome work! – Trilbe
Go to posting –> https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/harvest-harvest-expert-full-time-saturday-wednesday