Who we are
SubjectToClimate (StC) is a nonprofit online connector for teachers of all subjects and grade levels to find credible, unbiased, and engaging materials on climate change. Learn more about us here.
Why we need you
We know teachers are leaders for climate change. The Teacher Taskforce works at the heart of what we do: to build a platform by teachers, for teachers.
Graphic Design Intern
- Hours / Week: 10-15hrs per week
- Position Description:
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas.
- Develop illustrations and designs using software (Canva, Figma, Adobe, etc.)
- Collaborate with the design team to create and test graphics across various media.
- Amend designs after feedback.
- Create graphics for social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Design branded items (logos, merchandise, flyers, posters) for our core site and state-specific affiliate sites.
- Passion and commitment to our mission and values.
- Knowledge of design software (Canva, Figma, Adobe, etc.) and branding systems.
- Possess the ability to study design briefs and determine requirements.
- Can work independently and flexibly.
- Extra plus for experience working as a classroom teacher or working closely with teachers.
Application (work sample must be submitted with resume)
To apply, please submit the following by Monday, January 1st
Complete one of the below tasks and submit link to Google slides or attach slides with resume submission.
Task #1: Please submit your Digital Portfolio
Task #2: Please select one of the following options for redesign. Submit your work on a Google Slides presentation with an explanation of your design choices.
Click this link to see instructions and logo/mascot info:
Option A: Logo Redesign
Using our new branding colors to redesign our logo.
Option B: Mascot Redesign
Use our new branding colors to redesign our mascot, Blaze, the Polar Bear. Use the information below to inform your design.
*Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) are strongly encouraged to apply.
*You do not need to be a current teacher. All disciplines and grade levels are welcome to apply.
*Non-formal educators outside of school settings are also encouraged to apply.
*Even if you think you are not qualified, we encourage you to submit an application.
What We Offer
Not only will you be part of an inspiring group of people from all over the U.S. and abroad, but we also offer:
- Flexible work schedule
- Training and support to develop skills that will enhance your resume
If you are a dedicated individual with a passion for making a positive impact on our environment and are eager to contribute to the fight against climate change, and interested in adding a few hours a week (about 15) to the work you already do at STC, we encourage you to apply.