Founded in 2013, Skedulo is a fast-growing SaaS company headquartered in San Francisco and with offices in Australia, Vietnam, and the United Kingdom. Here, we use the latest technologies and best engineering practices to deliver groundbreaking software that is making a difference around the world.
If you’re drawn to solving interesting hard problems, Skedulo is for you. Over the past 20 years, less than 5% of software investment has been focused on the needs of the world’s 2.7 billion mobile workers, and the mobile workforce is our sole focus. Join us as we build a scalable platform for the world’s largest brands working with the most respected technology partners.
Skedulo is a momentum leader in Field Service Management (based on G2 Winter 2021 rating) and is growing rapidly to meet the demands of a post-Covid world. This is a compelling opportunity to join a fast-growth, enterprise grade, SaaS based business where an outstanding mobile experience is at the heart of our product and user experience.
As a Global Director of Technical Support, you will find yourself as the critical front line link between our customers and key leads across Skedulo including Sales, Product Engineering, Customer Success, Service Delivery and the Extended Solutions Group. This role, reporting to the EVP of Customer Experience, is directly responsible for managing our Global Technical Support team as well as strategic and operational leadership for Skedulo’s rapidly growing global Customer base.
- Hands on position, managing a team as well as resolving higher level technical and customer relations issues.
- Achieve and maintain a working, technical knowledge of Skedulo Core Product Offerings and high value customer specific implementations in order to provide full top level technical support.
- Ownership of unresolved technical issues and liaise with the key leads in Product, Customer Experience and Sales as needed to solve issues with urgency and mitigate escalations.
- Ensure clarity around priorities and goals for the team and modify policies and procedures as necessary.
- Select, hire and train new Technical Support teammates as needed. Develop and manage all onboarding resources and training plans for new team members.
- Foster an environment of team driven success through individual contribution and accountability while potentially managing contractor teams and relationships as necessary.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to the team via regularly scheduled one-on-one meetings and ongoing spot coaching, while acting as a point of escalation for high priority cases/customers and strategic partnerships.
- Manage department budget and staffing levels to meet Global Technical Support needs.
- Define and implement processes and procedures to efficiently scale the team to support customers globally with defined escalation procedures.
- Create strategy for the day to day operations of a multichannel contact center with emphasis on customer satisfaction, first contact resolution and customer retention.
- Uplevel and implement self service options for Customers to resolve their own technical questions and issues.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar field of study
- Must have at least 8+ years experience Able to personally handling escalated client calls, complex tickets
- Must have at least 5+ years experience leading global technical support teams
- Must be proficient with using contact center technologies (Ex: Jira, Confluence, Salesforce, Zendesk), with experience managing phone, ticket, chat queues and developing operations reports and analyses
Desired Skills & Experience
- Thorough understanding and belief in the value of providing exceptional customer service and the impact that has on retention, expansion and overall customer satisfaction
- Strong collaboration, negotiation and ability to drive consensus with key business partners in Sales, Customer Experience and Product
- Strong behavioral coaching style with emphasis on time management, personal accountability and objective-based career growth with an ability to motivate teams and individuals
- Prior experience working with and managing offshore and distributed teams
- This position will require approximately 10% travel from time to time as set forth by the Company.
- Must have a valid US work visa upon hire
- Fun, creative and fast-paced working environment
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 7 paid sick days per year
- 4 weeks paid leave per year
- 10 days paid public holiday per year
- Stock Options/ Equity
- Kitchen stocked with snacks & drinks
- 401k & Company Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Our offices have creative, open workspaces with room to play, reflect, and relax
- Our team is extremely competitive, and we will challenge your best table tennis skills