Full Stack WordPress Engineer (Grow Social)
Mediavine is seeking a full-stack engineer to join our WordPress Integrations team in building Grow Social, a social sharing plugin used by over 80,000 sites.
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 7,500 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
In the past few years, we’ve added a WordPress Integrations team that builds products trusted not only the sites that depend on us for ad management, but also the larger blogging community. These products include plugins like Create and Grow Social, as well as Trellis, our speed-focused theme framework.
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is ensuring your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren’t platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
You’d be joining a small team, working with two other engineers on Grow Social. We’re looking for a PHP developer with strong front-end skills as well – where we need the most help is on the backend, but we’d count on you to deliver great user experiences as well. This role could be a great fit for someone looking to transition from a backend role to a full-stack role.
- Contribute to the development of Grow Social
- Participate in code reviews with other team members
- Work with our Product and QA teams to make sure that Grow Social meets requirements
- Must currently live in the United States.
- 2-4 years of professional PHP experience
- Experience writing unit tests
- Deep understanding of WordPress, including the hook system and child themes
- Experience working with Git on teams
- Experience with object-oriented PHP
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity (or willingness to learn) frontend frameworks – we use React
- Experience with creating custom Gutenberg blocks
- A track record of being successful in a remote work environment
- Experience with Composer
- Experience with front-end tooling like Webpack or Parcel
- Experience working with APIs of social networks like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest – this is a huge plus
- Remote work environment.
- Travel opportunities (remember those?!)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Learning allowance.
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies.
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more.
- Company match charitable donations.
- Salary: $75-80k