Build the platform that powers internal tools at Stripe
Stripe Admin is an internal platform which is relied upon by Stripe employees globally for every part of their job: from talking with our users to launching a new feature. Admin is an integral part of how we move quickly in service of our users.
We believe Stripe employees deserve best-in-class tools and treat our fellow Stripes as power users. We make it easy for engineers at Stripe to quickly build high-quality, and secure-by-default internal tools using the same high standards that power external products like our Dashboard.
We’re looking for a senior engineer with a strong interest in building secure-by-default and ergonomic developer libraries and frameworks. The ideal candidate will have a mix of technical expertise in building developer platforms, a passion for solving developer experience problems, and a pragmatic ability to ship results iteratively.
- Work with a team of technically sophisticated engineers who make developer experience their first priority.
- Own solutions from end to end, managing complexity and engaging directly with stakeholders to think through everything from success metrics, to the ergonomics of individual API’s.
- Use both qualitative and quantitative metrics to determine priorities and measure effectiveness.
- Uphold Stripe’s high standards for engineering and product quality and mentor newer team members to do the same.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have at-least five years of industry front-end development experience, building, running, and debugging web applications using modern JS frameworks (React, Angular, etc.
- Take delight in crafting ergonomic and secure-by-default developer abstractions
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
You might work on:
- Building reusable components that make it easier for engineers to build consistent and high quality user experiences across Stripe Admin.
- Building and improving the libraries and frameworks that power our front-end stack.
- Identifying and working on initiatives that could improve performance for the entire platform.